ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huge Problem Fitting AMP

:quiet: ok i got all my wires etc and my girlfriends birthday is tomorrow!!!

tonight when she goes to sleep im going to try and fit the AMP power lead again, but heres the problem i have been doing it for weeks and weeks!!! and im getting stuck trying to find a bloody hole to stick the wire in!!

i did consider drilling a hole in the wall but i dont want to do that to her car as she loves it, there must be a easy way to fit the power lead, its a S reg clio, 3 door, can anyone help, pictures etc would be a HUGE help aswell as im going to fit it tonight so when she wakes up she has a car with 4 brand new speakers and a pink sub lol!!! and a alpine idax100 and because she has to work in the morning i want her to cruise in it for a bit lol!!!

HELP!!!

cheers
Eddie

Civic Type-S GT
I'm guessing that by power lead you mean a permanent live to the battery? I've only ever fitted amps on mk2 ph2's so your gfs car might be slightly different but I've seen the live be fed through the grommit that houses the bonnet release lever, its a helluva tight fit but it is the best option usually.

I'm sure some of the other guys will be able to make some suggestions too though!

if you stick your head below the dash on the passanger side you should see a wire going through the fire wall try pushing it through that hole. what gauge cable is? if not drill a hole i have as it has a 4 gauge which are rather thick

regards

mandeep

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The way i wired up my power lead is. obviously hook it up to the battery in the front of the car. then run the wire inside the engine bay, and pop it out from inside the passenger side arch liner.... hiding it behind the arch liner, and behind the wing, and eventually popping it out from the door hinge, and then into the car.

Never above 25mpg
dsc00091ir0.jpg

Place behind the dash in the passenger footwell where its wired through for me! The amps in the boot so i've run the wire down the left hand side of the car.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^^ Exactly the same for me. Much easier than drilling holes into the engine bay.

Once the cable is through you should be able to unclip the plastic trim running at the bottom by the doors to hide the wire in. I have my RCA and amp on/off wire running from the HU under the right side plastic trims. Make sure you have a good earth for the amp. Think mine is connected to the seatbelt bolt.

Skoda Fabia vRS
being an S reg, i presume its a Mk2 ???

if so the bonnet release cable grommet is a popular route

Mk1 Maxim Sport
use the gromit that veinast has used, thats the easiest way. if u push the grommit from inside the car it should pop out and by looking down in the engine bay ull see it. Job done.

Never above 25mpg
Yeah in the engine bay it comes out from behind the ECU/battery so get a torch and stick your hand in there ;)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
that picture is the grommit to use my car is the same shape as urs and i used that! when you look in the engine bay you have to move the powersteering fluid resivour just unclip it from the chasis and pull it towards the drivers side of the car, dont undo any hoses though. look down behind this and you will see the single cable coming through! hope this helps good luck!

Never above 25mpg
wicked!!! thanks too you all!!! i got it fitted now i gotta look for a place to fit the ground cable in the boot haha

any ideas??

Eddie

Well an effortless and quick one is too scratch a smidgen of paint off with a screwdriver behind the screw for one of the rear lights and attach it to that!! Other people have used the seatbelt bolts I believe

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i used the bolt which holds the rear seats together. scratch the paint of and just undor the bolt, slide on the o ring and bolt it back on works perfectly!

OMG the guy who did the wiring on this car before me was a r****d, lol, none are in the right place does anyone know the colour of the wires on mk 2 clios lol??