ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming/buzzing noise ;(

Clio MK2 172

Hi, wondering if anyone can help on this subject, I just purchased a Renault Clio 172 sport 3 days ago. When Driving there is a loud buzzing/humming noise comming from the front/rear of the car? The faster I go the louder it seems to get. Its def not a hole in the egsaust. I spoke to a Renault dealer on the phone and they said it might be a wheel bearing thats gone?? But the noise doesnt get any worse on bends and it also doesnt change in pitch with the engine. The steering seems to be fine as well.Ive taken a few people out in it and they havnt got a clue what it is either. Also established that the noise dissapears when I turn left. Any good adivce would be appeciated. Thanks B.

only buzzing noises i know of is the exhaust 4k buzz which is a resonating centre section when around the 4,000 RPM point this is covered under warranty. Or the fan that pulls air over the aircon sensor (in the headlining in the plastic trim with the interior lights) also covered under warranty.

Clio MK2 172

Ok, its booked in for Monday at the Renault dealer, see what they find, hope its nothing major. Could you also advise on the best oil, Im new to these cars and any tips and adive would be great.

FN2 TYPE R

Sure its not coming out of the speakers...From feedback due to a bad earth connection to the stereo..????

Clio MK2 172

Na, def no the speakers, it start at about 20 mph and get louder as I go faster...well annoying.

if its bearings it will be more of a drone/rumble than a buz and youll normally find it gets louder when you turn one way or the other.

Clio MK2 172

Mmm...it totally dissapears if I go round a left hand bend, going straight or right and it stays the same depending on the speed..