ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming noise which stops at 80mph

clio cup 172
Hi can anyone give me advice on a humming noise which builds until you reach 80mph, after that it seems to disappear. I think it is a bearing but I thought I would run it passed the forum first. There does not appear to be any vibration or wheel wobble. Also if it is a bearing, which is the best way to find out which wheel it is?

Peddled device
Could be a baffle in the exhaust system.Had this on my 205 gti...and it was checked out but nothing could be found.

My 182 Cup can sometimes have a hum...could be the gearbox.

clio cup 172
Thanks i'll check for that.

Alternatively could it be uneven wear on the tyres, as I day a track day at Anglesey and melted the tread on my brand new toyo TR-1s? The tread blocks on just the left side are now mis-shaped from hard right cornering. I wondered if the tread pattern being mis-shaped would cause a rumbling noise.

Or could it still be the bearings????

clio cup 172
I bought it about 4 months ago and I've not done it, so i don't kn ow when it was last done.

Are you thinking about the tyre wear or the rumbling?

B

bigrich690

i had a humming noise coming from mine for nearly a year before some one told me my baring were shagged but it was obvious it was the rear ones on mine, the barings are built into the rear discs on these so as i needed new discs anyway i bought and replaced the whole system now resulting in sweet silence, well all i hear now is my loud exhaust lol