ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hunter Alignment, What to ask for?

Never had this done before but mine desperately needs it's tracking done so i might as well get it done properly... What should i ask for in terms of how much camber ect?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
unless your asking for some special set up to your specific needs you wont have to ask for anything :)
the machine will have the standard specs stored and they will just bring all the adjustable adjustments into OE spec

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i can reccomend kwik fit as you alo get a 30 day free check and adjust so if you hit a pot hole you can get it done again free aslong as its within 30days

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest i'm not sure yet, was going to have a google and find someone decent local to me in a bit.

There was only 2 in wales. One is Mercedes Swansea who charge £90 just to put the car in the machine. Or there's a garage in porth that will do each adjustment for about £20-30 (they'll check it for free) Nice guys there too.

a quick search and so far aviva auto shop in bridgend seems the best place to take it near me

Theres only 2 in wales. One is Mercedes Swansea who charge £90 just to put the car in the machine. Or there's a garage in porth that will do each adjustment for about £20-30 (they'll check it for free) Nice guys there too.

there's only two hunter alignment in wales? although i wont be taking mine to my local kwik fit but i thought they all had one?

aviva auto shop seems to get good reviews so i may give them a try i think

Clio 172 phase 1
Indigo gt can do it up tredegar there s**t hot and orchid motors in newport down mill pirade can do it aswell there systems great..

had it done down avia auto's can't recommend them enough, awesome people and they know there stuff. Car feels so much better now, turns in a lot sharper handles as it should as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The best thing about these alignment places is most of them don't test drive the cars.

I've seen cars bang on spec drive like s**t.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Be wary of mainstream places. My Cup was setup as a standard Clio (Toe-in) and the rear camber was shown as red and out of spec. It drove so much better when I took it to somewhere that specializes and they didn't argue with me and my actual Renault specs printed out that I took with me and they set it from a fair bit of toe-in to bang on straight ahead (Cup only it seems). Main stream place said it would drive terribly. An awesome and impressive day in the wet and dry at Combe beg to differ. Sweet on the road too.

I would suggest making sure your track rod ends aren't seized and there is no play. A lot of places won't mess around unseizing them for you and will track shot joints. I was told mine were seized solid! One of mine required some minor persuasion with a big plummers wrench. Free'd up without damage. Unlike the garages poor effort. Seized solid my arse. No play in my joints either which is nice.

The best thing about these alignment places is most of them don't test drive the cars.

I've seen cars bang on spec drive like s**t.

he test drives them, took me out in it after doing it all and you could instantly feel the difference... i drove it back to the workshop then and was happy with the work. My Nearside tyre looks like it's down about 5k miles when it's only done 400-500 miles.

Be wary of mainstream places. My Cup was setup as a standard Clio and the rear camber was show as red and out of spec and it drove so much better when I took it to somewhere that specializes and they didn't argue with me and my actual Renault specs printed out and set it from a fair bit of toe-in to bang on straight ahead (Cup only it seems). Main stream place said it would drive terribly. An awesome and impressive day in the wet and dry at Combe beg to differ. Sweet on the road too.

I would suggest making sure your track rod ends aren't seized and there is no play. A lot of places won't ***** around unseizing them for you. I was told mine were seized solid! One of mine required some minor persuasion with a big plummers wrench. Free'd up without damage. Unlike the garages poor effort. Seized solid my arse. No play in my joints either which is nice.

my track rod ends needed a fair bit of heat, had them cherry red adjusted it all and then sprayed something on there too cool them down.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I don't have heat. Just a very big stilson with virtually new jaws and a good tall Jack so I could get it under there. Whatever the garage used slipped a couple of times and then they gave up. If i can get the jaws to grip well it turns most things :p

I unwound mine almost completely after marking them to get them pretty much back where they were before tracking and put a little anti-seize on them kepping the anti seize away from the locking nut.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
How much do they charge to stick it on that machine and do the job right? Inc centering the steering wheel?

Having new wheels and my steering wheel is not center on straights anyway.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I paid 25 quid in Bristol for a proper tracking job at a place that does all sorts of much more advanced machinery than the Clio. So the answer is not a lot!