ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid Clio subscription. Is it worth it??

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just saw this offer from Renault and wondered if the numbers actually stack up? If you take into account insurance, road tax, maintenance and roadside assistance I guess it’s absolute trouble free motoring? Short term subscriptions of 3 months available.

RANGE-TOPPING RENAULT CLIO E-TECH ENGINEERED NOW AVAILABLE VIA RENAULT SUBSCRIPTION. ORDER NOW FROM £445 PER MONTH ALL-INCLUSIVE

• Top-of-the-range Clio E-Tech engineered full hybrid now available via the innovative and highly flexible Renault Subscription service
  • Renault Subscription launched in December 2022 initially with Renault Megane E-Tech 100% electric and has expanded due to customer demand to subscribe to further electrified Renaults in the famed E-Tech line up
  • All-encompassing monthly subscription payment includes insurance, road tax, maintenance and roadside assistance, designed to keep car admin to a minimum
  • Order to delivery in as little as five clicks, thanks to the entire process being 100% online. It’s easy to choose term, payment and mileage
  • Distinctive top-of-the-range Clio fuses city chic, impressive equipment and efficiency
  • Flexible subscriptions available, starting at 3 months, ending to 24 months
  • Available to order now from £445 per month* online

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What would be the equivalent cost on a more common PCP or something?

Over a 24 month period, that low monthly cost is £10,680.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
What would be the equivalent cost on a more common PCP or something?

Over a 24 month period, that low monthly cost is £10,680.

We are currently paying just under £300 a month pcp on a mild hybrid Puma. Add insurance, road tax and recovery to that and it’s not far shy of £400.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
f**k subscriptions.

This world is heading towards a scenario where rich companies own everything and collectively charge the average person their entire paypacket every month to borrow everything, forever. Keep the money and the asset, win win.
I just can't get my head around someone taking this or any other one of them out on a car? But then again its not much different from PCP or a usual lease with a few extras? For the above car though, its effectively an average at best car for over £400 a month, awesome.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Mental IMO, if you had that sort of monthly payment to put out then id do what my Mrs does. buys a brand new Clio DCI every 2 years, she took her first one over 2 years HP with a massive £500+ payment every month, then at 2yrs old traded it, used its value as deposit and took the balance over 2 years at something like £100 pm!

2 years of pain and then your free to change almost as often as you want, she paid £17k for the current car and at just over 2 years is getting trade in offers around 14.5k! - problem is she cant get another one in DCI now!

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Not sure on lease - £400/mth x 36 months is £14,400 and you've diddly squat when the lease is up. EG: buy a £10000 s/h car on credit card then 0% balance transfer so no interest and if it cost you £900 in transfer fees and [say] £1500 a year in repair/running costs [but might not] its approx. what you're paying BUT will still be worth some £6000 [or more] when you're done with it. Most people lease as they don't want repair bills but over a number of years you've paid more out and have nothing to show for it. [in my view :giggle:]

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on lease - £400/mth x 36 months is £14,400 and you've diddly squat when the lease is up. EG: buy a £10000 s/h car on credit card then 0% balance transfer so no interest and if it cost you £900 in transfer fees and [say] £1500 a year in repair/running costs [but might not] its approx. what you're paying BUT will still be worth some £6000 [or more] when you're done with it. Most people lease as they don't want repair bills but over a number of years you've paid more out and have nothing to show for it. [in my view :giggle:]

Equally a £10k second hand car isn't the same as a brand new car for £22k +.

Don't forget that the deal for £14k ish also includes your insurance, road tax, maintenance, and roadside assistance. I can genuinely see the benefit for some people that want to know exactly what their car is going to cost them over 3 years.

Don't forget that some people want a new car, some people want second hand.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
£400 a month is one hell of a bank loan.

As I’ve got older, depreciation and lease payments have become more and more unpalatable. £400 a month is a lot of repairs on a s**t heap.

I completely agree, some people however don't.

I tried this with my dad who's signed up to a new MG HS at £435 per month with a £1500 deposit! I suggested he looked at other older cars to buy out right or with a bank loan and that he could probably get something with a much better spec, a more 'prestige' brand, and halve his monthly payments at least.

Despite being retired and not actually needing to go anywhere and also having a second car his response was 'i can't afford to have a used car being broken on the drive and me being stranded' 🤦‍♂️

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
* From £445 a month...

A great idea (assuming you cant do the same elsewhere) if you only need a car for 3 months as I assume that's far cheaper than Hertz etc. - but, as mentioned, an awful lot of money to rent a Clio !

Also great news to see Renault have engineered this car - unsure what they've been doing for the last 50+ years, but there we are.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I completely agree, some people however don't.

I tried this with my dad who's signed up to a new MG HS at £435 per month with a £1500 deposit! I suggested he looked at other older cars to buy out right or with a bank loan and that he could probably get something with a much better spec, a more 'prestige' brand, and halve his monthly payments at least.

Despite being retired and not actually needing to go anywhere and also having a second car his response was 'i can't afford to have a used car being broken on the drive and me being stranded' 🤦‍♂️

I do think the older generation still think most cars are made by British leyland in the 70s. My dad (rip pops) set aside £1000 for the mot on his Audi. It was its first mot and the car had only done 10k miles from new!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I do think the older generation still think most cars are made by British leyland in the 70s. My dad (rip pops) set aside £1000 for the mot on his Audi. It was its first mot and the car had only done 10k miles from new!

I also don't think they have much concept as to what cars are worth etc.

They have always bought outright, but that was when saxos, Clio's, 106's, i10's and dacias could be had for less than £10k.

He seems to think I've won the lottery or I'm spending too much money for buying an 8 year old C Class estate. He can't quite get his head around the fact it costs less than half what he is paying for his MG HS when that comes.

Also, they don't need such a big car, they have my daughter once a week and my nephew once a week. Thet wanted a bigger car for a pushchair to fit in. They didn't thin about buying a new push chair which is smaller 😂