ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hybrid gearbox gave up

driving yesterday no problem going all the way up through the gears but as soon as i try to change down into second crunch at and speed slow or fast tried double declutching still crunches so i guess its time for a new box :dapprove:

williams box is the obvaous chioce but is there anything else that can be put on to a willy lump ? that will last longer than my valver box

S2000
I wouldn't think a jb1 will necessarily last longer (proabably the same sort of time) than a valver box, but it will certainly fit and is pretty much as strong as a valver box and will probably be a bit cheaper.

im looking at putting a williams box in but i heard someone has put a diesel box in ? didnt know if this would be any better or anything >?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
get a jb5 i think it is (mk1 rt?) they are strong as fook and have a better acceleration due 2 the gear ratios ;)

JC5 is a williams box and suppossedly the strongest.

Diesel box has the wrong ratios and will kill acceleration but give good top speed.

JB1 is 1.2/RT etc...as donsrno1 said it'll probably last as long as a 16v (JB3) box.

yeh trying to find one know any one got a spare? what clutch should i use ?might as well chane it while the box is off :D

thanks

S2000
go for the standard clutch imo, as I've never heard of any problem with them. Standard part is valeo, which is £100+ from renault but I got one for £70 or so from a local motor factors (brown brothers). The one I got came as a unipart one but was stamped as a valeo.