ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m going on Top Gear!!

Later in the series of Top Gear they are doing a review on the Hartge Cooper S. The model they are testing is a guy from the mini forum and Clarkson is having his Hartge modded motor for 2 days to do road and track testing. As I am a member on the forum and also have a Hartge mini I have been asked to go down too!!!!! Cant believe my luck. Will have to give stig the keys to show me how to drive it properly. :D

Not sure of the exact date but rumour has it that it is the last episode in the series...sometime in July I think. Will have to get more details.

Cool, lucky git!

BTW, James, Ive got a little GPS unit now that can check the accuracy of your speedo. Ive used this to calibrate the AP22 and I reckon if it was under reporting before. I think if we try again youll get a rather better 100mph time.....let me know if you want to give it a go!

Rhys

Oooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Sub 16s here we come!!!! One night next week sound alright with you?? Will PM you to arrange a day and time.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Ive been on THE TUBE a couple of times back in the 80s...Stood in the background of having a drink in the The Egypt Cottage....The pub next door

(showing my age now)

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 11 June 2003

Oooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Sub 16s here we come!!!! One night next week sound alright with you?? Will PM you to arrange a day and time.
Yup, with a bit of luck well have a 172 by then too....PM me

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 11 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rod Street on 11 June 2003

I was on the last series of Driven, the 4 x 4 special :D
In WHAT ? :confused: the 172 ???
I just emailed to go and be one of the audience reviewers. Sods law dictated that I made it on the 4 x 4 show. The next day they were filming the Alpha 156 GTA and the BMW 330Ci. Previously they had done the Focus RS, the one I actually wanted to see, as at the time I was looking put a deposite down on one!!

I got to drive a new Range Rover. Almost threw it off the road!! Mike Brewer was the absolute boy, Plato was okay but Penny Mallory hid in her car most the day.

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 11 June 2003

Yeah well...

I was on Saturday Disney back in 93, Met Hacksaw Jim Duggen (everyones like who???) and everything! :oops:
HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!

I met him in a Music/Video Shop he signed my copy of Westle Mannia 7!!!

How sad!!!!

When you get to meet the Stig, can you give him the biggest kick in the nuts possible from me and all the MLR boys for blowing up Simon Norriss evo !!!

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 11 June 2003

Yeah well...

I was on Saturday Disney back in 93, Met Hacksaw Jim Duggen (everyones like who???) and everything! :oops:
Did he bring his 2x4? :oops:

Thats a a proper koo cooper boy.....hope your car lasts clarkesons test!

What night are you meeting in Sheff havent seen your cooper yet, but heard its quick as!!

Ryhs pm me or txt me as I wanna see this cooper thingy!

Quote: Originally posted by Sport172 on 11 June 2003

HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!

I met him in a Music/Video Shop he signed my copy of Westle Mannia 7!!!

How sad!!!!
Wrestle Mania VII - Classic!!

Hes well fat tho innit

Oh yeah, and AK yeah he had his 2x4 - probably rotted by now tho

damm i envy you cooper s dude, wish i was going, id borrow ur mini and do battle with the stig. wonder if i could roll it out of gambon over the line in true 6 million dollar man fashion?

lee

Might pop along but should be seeing our lass tonight. :( Definatley another time though if I dont make it!!! Sounds like I will have all on with his MK1 beast though!!!

Heheheh.....I think I will be able to cane your Hartge to 60, but youll claw it back no problem. If anyone thinks that the 172 MK1 has long gearing, then they should take a look at the CooperS!

Rhys