ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m so tempted to take the plunge!

To be honest i didnt notice any difference between the Cup and my VTS until after 80 mph. The in gear pull is furious though, stacks of torque.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 05 October 2003

To be honest i didnt notice any difference between the Cup and my VTS until after 80 mph. The in gear pull is furious though, stacks of torque.
Maybe so, but the VTS just simply doesnt have the same kudos as the Cup. Get one, you know it makes sense!!!

I test drove a VTS today (69k on the clock) and there is no way its as fast as my Williams. My Girlfriend should pick it up on wednesday all going well but I was a bit disappointed with the performance. Nice car tho and for £2900 cant complain!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 05 October 2003

I test drove a VTS today (69k on the clock) and there is no way its as fast as my Williams. My Girlfriend should pick it up on wednesday all going well but I was a bit disappointed with the performance. Nice car tho and for £2900 cant complain!
Cant fault ya, chief. Cracking motor and a bargain for a shade under 3k!!!

I drove a couple of 106 GTis when I was considering what to replace my old 16V with and I wasnt very impressed. Granted, the two I tried may not have been the fabled 130bhp variants, but both were disappointing even in the powerband and they were no way as compliant or accurate as the 16V was down some A/B-roads. I was really disappointed as the 106 had really been talked up on this forum at the time. I know eveyone has different tastes, but I went to the cars with an open mind... and ended up (in my mind) underlining the superiority of the Clio Williams.

sorry to butt in here but i thought all 106 gtis were 120 brake ?

whats with the 130 bhp version, when did that happen?

The VTS/106 GTi engine apparently came with 130bhp+ at the fly rather than the official 120bhp for a certain period of time.

Ive got no idea of how or why, but I do remember there being a standard VTS at a RR day I attended recently that made 125bhp ATW (my old 16V made 128bhp ATW). Theres no way that VTS was only making 120bhp at the flywheel!

Dont do it, not yet at least. Have you not read all the pi55ed off owners on here. Wait until all the problems have been ironed out by Renault (you could drive it down to the post office to get your pension).

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by jaycup on 06 October 2003

Wait until all the problems have been ironed out by Renault
That could take a while, although they will probably be the same day they release all the Cup mods that they promised people.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Its the luck of the draw I think, remember not everyone with a Cup comes onto these boards. It may look like the Cup is plagued with problems however you will notice that a lot of new members have been appearing lately asking about problem x and problem y. You dont see the countless thousands of Cup owners joining up and saying "My cars been faultless from day1" etc etc.

If you read the CTR boards youd never buy a Type R Civic, but generaly as a rule they are bullet proof!

Nippy white cup

Thats true m8...you only hear the problems, no point posting " Drove my Cup to work today....and nowt went wrong":D

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Drove my 172 for 16000 miles and nowt went wrong!!

Come on ppl lets get on a roll!!!

Some people see things as problems others see things as features, the 4k rattle for example is a feature as it appears on 95%+ of them, where as breaking down would be viewed as a problem! ;)