ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am GENUINELY Stumped :(

Nope lol probably should but that seemed the massively obvious one at the time we have shook the engine by hand and it seems solid.

Took the mechanic from work out in it to hear the noise he said its knocking from his side yet it sounds like my side? So I'm putting it down to the center of the car?

Sorry fella was offline, but yeah its under battery for some reason xD guessing it was the only place they could put it where it would be half-accessible,Other than that mate, its just worth rattling everything that you can get your hands on whilst its on the ramps,But the juddering could be caused by the gearbox moving a lot more than it should...

I always thought the dogbone mount (the one I replaced) would make the bigger difference. Apparently not, what effects would you see to the car if the gear box mount has gone? What I am seeing now?

Just had it on the ramps at work, they are saying its the diff is knackered when you spin 1 wheel at a time it makes a little ticking noise where if you spin them both at the same time it's silent. Rang my mechanic to break the news and he said it wont be that because it would be f*cked and un drivable by now :/ which is also what the guys said at work they said it should be knackered completely by now so they are confused -.-' lol

Your now live on MindF*ck FM

Don't think it could be the diff mate, not a mechanic personally but if your diff was dying it would be crunching instead of juddering and you'd struggle to set off etc as the diff would affect the car at every speed :/Did you check the gearbox mount? And you shook everything yet fella?

I mentioned the gearbox mount lol the mechanic at work took it for a spin and said it wouldn't be that because the knocking speeds up as you do until your at say 3k revs then it disappears and only does it in the lower gears 4/5 are fine

Thing is its all of these guys trades who have checked my car over so far they all have 30+ years mechanical experience I really don't want to take it to a garage who will take advantage of my lack of mechanical knowledge and sell me things I don't need

Om the drivers side shaft has it got a rubber donut type thing 1/4 of the way up from the wheel end? as it is used for balancing the driveshaft

Ok possible drop link failure? The rubber has perished through on the top of my passenger side drop link now when turning right its ok no knocking but when turning left there's a lot of knocking.

My mechanic said that when you turn left you out more pressure on the outside (drivers) wheel so the passenger side is fighting to keep the wheel on the floor especially from stiffened and lowered suspension it's bouncing up and down with the force from the anti roll bar pushing up ad suspension pushing down.

Where as of you turn right it pins the passenger wheel to the floor compressing the drop link and stopping any movement in it as the drivers wheel is more lighter this time.

Sound right in theory and I tried it out on my way home it's defiantly a thought in my mind now.

Would a drop link cause knocking?

Well changed the drop link (many hours of swearing and kicking things was had!) and it's still knocking haha got me to ireland and back did around 300 - 400 miles over the weekend I cant see it being anything serious?