ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am new

Clio track Car
Hi everyone how are you all ?
Never thought i would be looking to purchase my 1st Renault but after having Fords all my life i feel they have lost their way so i am going to buy either a phase 1 172 or a phase 2 and build a road legal track car for me and my son.

Been told to buy the phase 1 car not sure why so maybe someone can give me their thoughts :)
My best mate owns the yellow V6 trophy rep that was in last months French Car Mag and he has talked me into it and to be honest i think its the right choice lot of fun for little money and after talking with Anthony @ K-Tec (top lad) the clios are a good choice,i run and own a Vehicle Wrapping company so it will get some wrapping done too i cant promote this business here without Traders Status so enough said.

Hope to make some good friends soon and please look after me as i am a late starter with the Renault scene being in my 40`s :( and will need guiding as i know my way round the modded Ford scene but not the Renault scene.

Speak soon
Marc

Clio track Car
Bless you all so nice to be welcomed
Simons V6 god owes him bloody fortunes anyone local to Sussex can meet up and check his car out its truly mental
Looking forward to getting a clio and i think i prefer the look of the front on the phase 1 cars and with a nice wrap and track mods should be nice going to hopefully buy car late summer and start build over the winter
Marc

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The ph1 is the way forward (unbiased, honest).

Cable throttle etc, makes for a much better track car.

There's some PROPER cheap examples floating about at the moment, so grab a bargain and get building.

Oh, and welcome :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome Marc!

We're all ages on here - so you'll be fine. ;) Be prepared to be hassled by quite a few people on here if you're knowledgable about the modded Fords - they have a significant appreciation on here. Gally and Deeg in particular....

The general consensus about the Phase 1 cars is that they are slightly more 'raw' and are desirable in their own right as a result. I've driven my m8's Ph.1 172 and it does feel more urgent and eager than my 182. If I was to pick a model for track usage, the Ph.1 would probably be the top of my list.

D.

Clio track Car
Welcome Marc!

We're all ages on here - so you'll be fine. ;) Be prepared to be hassled by quite a few people on here if you're knowledgable about the modded Fords - they have a significant appreciation on here. Gally and Deeg in particular....

The general consensus about the Phase 1 cars is that they are slightly more 'raw' and are desirable in their own right as a result. I've driven my m8's Ph.1 172 and it does feel more urgent and eager than my 182. If I was to pick a model for track usage, the Ph.1 would probably be the top of my list.

D.

Feel so welcomed maybe RS Owners Club should take note lol
Fords still love them always will but Renault and Jap seems to be the way forward
My son had a mk6 Fiesta with JWRC kit fitted running coil overs, 19" OZ`s, Fitted RS focus lump, running aftermarket management was lovelee but a bloody nightmare and LOADS of money was featured Fast Ford Oct 2008 got the normal mixed comments like on all forums but then most is jealousy (bad spelling lol)
So 172 phase 1 for me then cant beleive how good they are and so cheap so yes this year when time is right i will buy and start our track day project cant wait

good to talk to you mate
Marc