ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I.C.E Install

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

After gettin my car broken into for the second time this year and loosin my whole system (2 12" subs, amps, headunit, parcellshelf and 6 x 9) ive just got it all back from the insurance company. I want to put it all back in. When i put it all in last time i has a faulse floor and had the amp built in the side of the boot. I want to make it so people cant just rip it out. has anyone got any good ideas of installing stuff so it cant all be ripped out within 2 minutes. Anyone got any ideas?

If they want it they will get it, unfortunately. Best thing is to make it stealth, and dont play music too loud near your house or your work , or going to the cinema, and make sure you dont get followed when going for a cruise round town. How did they get in the car? you could try de-locking, smooth the rear boot, makes it a little more difficult, put security film on your windows, so its harder for them to get through them, weld steel rod in door pillars so your doors cant be bent out to gain access there. You could get bits welded to the chassis, then use steel cable to secure ice to the chassis.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

They did my lock with a screw driver in it. i had it parked in a lit carpark with cameras and my alarm was going off while they were doing it. i would delock it but its only a little 1.1 and it dont seem worth spending that much money getting it done. Im thinking of tryin to make like a metal frame that is bolted to the car and then bolting throught my sub box to the metal frame.

Mondeo STTDCI

the only way to do it is to be REALLY careful. Ive just put a 12" in and I dont play the system within a Half mile radius & i park with the boot up against a wall.

Yeah i try and park mine half in a hedge! they cant get in the back if they cant get to it hey! my mate had a shed with a naff stereo in (it didnt work at all) theives actually oiled his doors when getting in so he wouldnt hear! they must have sussed his car! anyway, my mate was well pleased, he was wondering how to get the stereo out and he got the doors oiled too! bonus!

But if they can get in the front doors, they can fold the back seats down and access your ICE from there. Best method is to make sure they dont know what ICE you have. Choose the stealthiest option for all ICE: face off CD unit, black out the windows, etc. Fit alarm and security film. Have no stickers suggesting ICE anywhere. Dont play the music anywhere near where you park.

Make sure your audio cover limit on your insurance is high enough. all the most reputable companies will allow you to upgrade to at least £1K of ICE.