ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i can rev my engine with my clutch

im guessing i shouldnt be able to do this? lol

the list of faults just keeps growing! lol now when i pull up at a junction, if i dip my clutch to take the car out of gear and leve the clutch in then the car revs upto 2k revs, but if i dip the clutch, take it out of gear and release the clutch there no problems -
its kinda good when im feeling lazy, i just dip the clutch, sit with the revs at 2k and when i wanna pull off i dont need the accelerator i just slowly lift the clutch and away i go! lol

yea i have noticed the same thing, i had been driving my dads 3061.9TD all day other week, and with diesels basically u dont need to use the accelerator to pull away.

so i get bak in my car later that nite, sill thinking im driving a diesel, but funnily enough the clio pulled away, as soon as the clutch engaged it pulled away on the tick over. might be coz our lil 1.4 powered sheds are so light. donno about reving tho, ur just a special boy :p

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 26 April 2004

might be coz our lil 1.4 powered sheds are so light.
oi, less of the "lil 1.4 powered sheds". Theyre beasts i tell thee!! (even if i do have 6 more valves than u!! hehe)

my car use to flash ppl when i was braking. wondered why ppl were always flashing me, pull into halfords one day and saw it in the window

BEAT THAT

:oops:

Quote: Originally posted by LivinLegend on 27 April 2004

my car use to flash ppl when i was braking. wondered why ppl were always flashing me, pull into halfords one day and saw it in the window

BEAT THAT

my old reno 5 used to have the reverse lights come on when i pushed the brakes, really freaked people behind me out when slowing down/stopping!!

there, beaten!! :p

*edit* should have said reverse LIGHT not reverse LIGHTS!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by LivinLegend on 27 April 2004

BEAT THAT

My eyes light up when I fart :D

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 26 April 2004

stange. speedo cable sensor perhaps(sensor part of cable)
this is an extension to the problem of the car reving itself and the accelerator pedal moving on its own if that makes any difference? lol

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 27 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 26 April 2004

might be coz our lil 1.4 powered sheds are so light.
oi, less of the "lil 1.4 powered sheds". Theyre beasts i tell thee!! (even if i do have 6 more valves than u!! hehe)

8 more valves.

Suprised no ones picked U up on this already mate!

I kept trying to see what I could do in my old Astra Diesel with no gas at idle...

I can pull away at idle...

I can pull away up hill at idle...

I can move up the gears (doesnt really like 5th - but 4th is ok...) at idle...

I can tow a sierra XR4x4i (big old lump of a car) with 3 passengers at idle...

Unfortunately thats about as exciting as this car gets... it doesnt do corners and doesnt go fast, so you lot win on those counts...

this is an extension to the problem of the car reving itself and the accelerator pedal moving on its own if that makes any difference? lol

God its K.I.T.T out of knightrider whoo hoo!!!!!! lol;)