ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I dont like the new clio

yet.....just thought i tell u

ive not been impressesed enough so far ,even with the rs concept it dosn't look as good as the current 172/182 .

maybe i might change my mind ... dunno!

mini rant over...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I hope everyone on here dashes out & buys one, spring / summer 06.

That way i'll get myself a mint good colour 182 or even Trophy...........

not sure i like it either but with a renaultsport makeover it might look ok. Im pretty sure my next car wont be a Renault anyway (unless they make a proper megan trophy). The game has moved on in the hothatch market and i dont think the next RS clio will cut it compared to the rest.

Cupra
When the Mk2 Clio came out, I thought it was pig ugly and would never have imagined buying one.

I actually prefer its looks now to the 206, Ibiza etc. The Mk3 will probably have the same effect, although I quite like the new lines from the start. Curious to see the RS version "in the flesh".

Audi RS4
I like the RS pics that I've seen,everyones opinion will change when they see it in the flesh.
The mk2s look dated now as well.I'm lookin forward to the RS3.

Mini Cooper S sport
I think it looks ok, I just wish the new RS was a little more 'out there'..meaner styling and FASTER.

The Mk2 will soon look very dated though, I'm sure, but I still love it at the moment.

Trophy 265/500
The mark III just looks like any other Euro hatch (see Pug 206 etc) and although the trim is nicer and NCAP 5 is all well and good, it just looks a little bland and weighs too much. I like the idea of the diffuser on the RS, plus the vents for cooling the brakes when you're on track days, but the weight just scares me. The new 1.6 weighs the equivalent of an extra lardy bloke when compared to the Trophy, which has a bigger engine.

The weight and cost of the RS may be too much of an issue. When they do appear, my engine will be nicely free'd up and I can stalk fresh ones with 18 miles on the clock and wreck them ;)

MKIII 138
isnt there a case to buy a 182 with everything i.e liquid yellow, Recaro`s, cup spec, Reno Satnav (just for the cool screen) for a really cheap price, then with £2k spare uprate subtly and properly to a genuine 190bhp hmm..

good idea, although il go with petrol blue to be different

MKIII 138
ohh and shove these wheels on...

petrolalloy.gif

Audi RS4
Nah,when the RS3 comes out all the 172/182 owners will feel inferior in their outdated tinboxes.;)
As for the weight issue,I'm sure the nerds at Dieppe will have something up their sleeves to counterbalance it.

MKIII 138
chris-b said:
Nah,when the RS3 comes out all the 172/182 owners will feel inferior in their outdated tinboxes.;)
As for the weight issue,I'm sure the nerds at Dieppe will have something up their sleeves to counterbalance it.

sure it will be faster than the current RS around the nurburg ring but it probably will finally lose the spark that french hatches are world renound for, lets face it there built s**t and have crap residuals there not even designed properly compared to their german / japanese counterparts but they have that nervous yet responsive chuckability that a real thrill, its has been reduced throughout generations, williams was electric so were the valvers as MK1 172 came it was blunted slightly but faster more gadgets and safety better high speed stability, then the MKII came and it was blunted more with being heavier still but boasted better safety and better kit and further high speed stability (apart from cup which got close the williams levels of fun), now the MKIII even heavier and safer and now better built to the point of being an exellent and sensible choice for people on a budget and i expect on good examples built close enough to that of its VW counter parts that its realtive value makes it a sound choice as ownership on cars usually extends to three years so first buyers and second owners will be gettin a sound car but it has probably crossed the line past being a lightweight chuckable french hatch and now its a grown up still very fast but missing the original point.

buy a DCI version enjoy the new car image and remap, then buy a good condition Williams or Cup for a fun car. actually, just buy a megane and have proper safety build and space then buy a williams or a cup

Focus ST3
I wish they would change the name frankly, clio has to be the worst car name of any manufacturer. I've seen a non RS model, extremely bland looking!

Audi RS4
I'm waiting for the RS3 and if it is a dissapointment I will definetely upgrad to a meg cup or used meg trophy.
I'm dreading the value of my 172 when it comes to that time though.

Yamaha R6
From the few concept photo's I saw of the RS MK3 in silver with gunmetal wheels I liked it..

but the real life ones ive seen of it in metallic red.. with what look like chrome wheels.. im not impressed in the slightest.

Mini Cooper S sport
Mmm.. it's just the same as everything else, I'm wondering whether it will stand out at all..

I never used to like petrol blue, but now I think it's an amazing colour!