ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I get a Vee for the weekend!

S2 106 GTI
My mate who just lives up the road in in the process of selling his Vee, and has asked me to give it a clean up, He is away for the weekend and just said call in a pick keys up!

I will be giving it a full detail - so will get some pics up :) also most likely be puttng it in the for sale section too.

I have been in some Vee's but never got chance to drive one - also said take it for a drive out and see what you think :)

I must say I am looking forward to having a drive (might make me buy it!)

Rich

Nissan 350z
Awaits the: I was showing a friend the difference between mine and a Vee and i muttered "watch this!"...

S2 106 GTI
Yeah Mk2, 53 plate He isn't a member on here, so might have to get him to sign up to sell.

I won't be going mad when driving! just take it for a general drive out. He has always had subaru's he just bought this for summer! hasn't had it very long. Last owner used it for all motorway driving

3 Series touring
just dont take it anywhere that you'll need to turn round.....stick to bus routes as ive heard it has the turning circle of one ;)

Nice one, take it easy out there with it esp in this 'lovely' weather.

just dont take it anywhere that you'll need to turn round.....stick to bus routes as ive heard it has the turning circle of one ;)
You've heard right. The lock on them is awful too ! I might give it a clean this weekend if it doesn't rain.

S2 106 GTI
Always fancied one but the cost of using it everyday would kill me after a while.....

35plate 63k how much you recon for it???? all the mileage was put on by last owner (motorway) illiad blue too

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
This was the one I pulled out of buying, was up in chester previously i believe. V high mileage for a Mk2. Still should fetch £12/13k

Better than yours. C*nt.
For a lower mileage (sub 30k) mk2 yeah, you can get an 05 for that.

I reckon 12k for the one mentioned.

Prices seem to vary wildly though - compared to my minter, yeah £12-£13k, but every once in a while they go up...

S2 106 GTI
This is the perfect scenario for a crash.

Be careful...and get those pics up...

Why does everyone think that I'm going to crash it?! because it not mine I'm going to 'give it some' I'm not that daft! rear wheel drive....s**t conditions....yes crash! thats why I'm taking it for sensable drive

S2 106 GTI
This was the one I pulled out of buying, was up in chester previously i believe. V high mileage for a Mk2. Still should fetch £12/13k

Bought it from down south this one - had it since March time I think

Ball park figure he had in mind was around the 12k mark

3 Series touring
Nice one, take it easy out there with it esp in this 'lovely' weather.

You've heard right. The lock on them is awful too ! I might give it a clean this weekend if it doesn't rain.
il be cleaning the 1.poo tomorrow, but its usually quite clean!

the vee will wonder wtf is going on if you go near it with cleaning products!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why does everyone think that I'm going to crash it?! because it not mine I'm going to 'give it some' I'm not that daft! rear wheel drive....s**t conditions....yes crash! thats why I'm taking it for sensable drive

Lol - don't take it to heart too much! But don't expect the Vee to be as forgiving as the Trophy if you're pushing it.

And if you say you're taking it for a sensible drive and it never nudges the redline once - then you're a liar. And not a good one, either. ;) :rasp:

D.

S2 106 GTI
lol at darrens post :), I am ins on it. My ins lets me drive anyone else's car ......as long as I have there go ahead :) won't be full comp though

Skoda Fabia vRS
lol at darrens post :), I am ins on it. My ins lets me drive anyone else's car ......as long as I have there go ahead :) won't be full comp though

are you certain about that ?........a LOT of policies dont cover you on other cars anymore, its a commonly believed myth that if your fully comp you can drive anything third party

fair enough if your covered, just thought id point that out though to make sure, dont want any epic threads on here about a crashed Vee and no insurance

S2 106 GTI
No mate - I can drive anyone else's car, when I was changing my ins I made sure I was able to do this as I sometimes drive the mrs, parents and mates cars. My last ins company said I was only able to if I was full comp and they are too, But with my new one my mrs is 3rd party on car and I am covered to drive hers 3rd party.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Jelous mate! You must find it tempting moving from 1 in 500 to 1 in 354..
side note i think you are my closest neighbour i have seen online yet! :)

S2 106 GTI
Very very tempting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but no must resist! :dapprove:

I was down your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago! my mrs cousin lives in guildford, east Horsley. Was in the mrs lupo though

MCS R56
Yeah Mk2, 53 plate He isn't a member on here, so might have to get him to sign up to sell.

I won't be going mad when driving! just take it for a general drive out. He has always had subaru's he just bought this for summer! hasn't had it very long. Last owner used it for all motorway driving

Good effort on the sales pitch.

Only on motorways...sure!!:rasp:

S2 106 GTI
Good effort on the sales pitch.

Only on motorways...sure!!:rasp:

Well 'mostly' motorway miles then! if you look at the service history you can add up how many miles a month he has been doing......

My Trophy has done alot of motorway miles, last owner used to do 50-60miles everyday for work!

....Any way picked the vee up from mates house and took it for a drive out. I must admit the power delivery is alot different than the T. Sounds good too. Gave it a quick clean as weather started to turn very cold and sun was going in.
Wheels need a good going over! whats the best way to remove the build up brake shite?