ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate badgers

Clio v6
UPDATE:

Well I've decided not to go through insurance. I'll be buying a new bumper through Renault Wolverhampton on here this afternoon. £940 delivered to my door is a damn good price I think (considering they're £1400+ normally!), so huge thanks to him.

Ordered a new splitter too. Not a Renault one as they're about £120 or something daft. So I've ordered a Skoda Fabia splitter for about £17 which was a no brainer.

Once they've arrived I'll book the car in for a complete front end respray.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
You were lucky to keep it sunny side mate. Badgers don't go out without a fight.

Ive seen badgers write cars off, I've even seen lorries get written off my a badger. Not a pretty sight, whats worse the car that got wrote off didnt even kill the badger...

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You should show this to those idiots complaining about the badger culling.

Not only are they infecting farm animals but they are also attacking V6s!

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
lol you must be a citty boy to think they are infecting farm animals... the way they are doing the cull is wrong. Living on a farm, and having such lovely creatures live so close (50 yards), I have to bare witness to these animals being lured and shot 50 yards from my home. This isnt being controlled. TB is in badgers yes, but its not infecting cows, the TB is in the ground the ground is infected with TB, and other deadly viruses. Argue back to this reply go ahead, but it wont stop you being wrong.

Clio v6
OP - are the under-trays ok as well? I know that they are a fortune to replace - along with the arch-liners. :dapprove:

​D.

Thankfully yes!

I'll stick some photos up when I can. It's had the new front bumper on with a front end re-spray (wings, bonnet and bumper) and also got the lower rear bumper section re-sprayed. 650 cash, which for the quality of work and the colour match is a fantastic price.

Now I can start saving for the rollcage and custom exhaust system I want. Back to square one after forking out for badger damage!

808D06F7-8807-4DE6-B7BE-36A913158CD3-579-000000E02D950BBC_zps432736d2.jpg

+1

I hate wildlife. I live out on a farm and nearby there are two large estates that have loads of pheasants. Then there are all the rabbits, deer, wood pigeons and bloody disease ridden badgers.
I managed to hit a pheasant at 70mph last year which smashed my splitter to bits and tore my drivers side foglight off its mountings, luckily there was no more damage.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I remember having a 'spirited' drive across Dartmoor at about 1am with a mate in his 172, when he hit a rabbit. His KTEC Carbon Splitter cracked in two and I got blood all over the front of my car. Yum.

Renault Clio 172
What's the replacent cost of a badger now days? I know your looking at the best part of 4 quid for a nice frozen pheasant...