ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i hate insurance

declared my body mods to elephant today n they said they wouldnt under any circumstances insure me if i had my car de-locked for safety purposes, so they cancelled my insurance

S**T!!!!

rang around 4 new quote, was gonna be in region of 2 1/2 grand

double S**T!!!!

rang back elephant n had to not have my car de-locked so that i could keep my insurance, was no way i could afford 2 1/2 to change it

WHY does it have to b so hard????

all my other body mods was ok, no probs lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

They woudlnt insure it because it was delocked? Seems strange!

I wouldnt tell them about delocking anyway. Its not like it affects anything!

they said its cos emergency services wouldnt be able to gain access but surely they can smash a window

doubt the doors wld open in a crash anyway lol, plus they dnt have a key to my car lol

it is strange i agree n stupid so i dnt declare it, the locks have already been removed n its too late to put them back on

like ya say tom, it dnt affect anything, dnt even use the locks

£30 quid to add the wheels n suspension mods to the cover so not too bad thats why i dnt wanna get another insurance company cos they r quite good but they dnt cover the replacement of the stuff if there is a claim but thats jus standard policy aint it

however elephant only allow a max of 6 modifications so only allowed one more lol

who u with tom?

320d M Sport

not bein funny mate but sort this out ffs!

youve clearly spoken to a monkey at the insurance company, call back, talk to a manager.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by feirce187 on 24 November 2004

£30 quid to add the wheels n suspension mods to the cover so not too bad thats why i dnt wanna get another insurance company cos they r quite good but they dnt cover the replacement of the stuff if there is a claim but thats jus standard policy aint it

however elephant only allow a max of 6 modifications so only allowed one more lol

who u with tom?
Im with tescos. They are alright at giving a cheap bas but with mods they are shocking!

yeah i agree mate, spoke to 3 diff monkeys on 3 occasions,n they all said wldnt cover it if it was de-locked so now as far as they are concerned it isnt

is it an MOT failure then without the locks? i know its a failure if ya remove the door handles

really tom? was gonna ring them when thought i neede to get new insurance, bet it would of been alot more than 2 1/2 with them lol

don't

elephant admiral also dont allow tints the to$$ers

they have it as a mod u can declare but dont allow u to have them lol

so my car maybe no longer has tints

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

really tom? was gonna ring them when thought i neede to get new insurance, bet it would of been alot more than 2 1/2 with them lol
I would still try them mate! Tescos can sometimes be good!

bunch os arse IMO 172/182 has anti raid feature which locks door after moving off it also means emergency services cant get in. it even tells you that in the manual!

insurance underwiters dont have a clue!

do you honsetly think that an insurance company is going to have enough sense to notice youve even done it, dont lose sleep over it just leave it undeclared.

i know, decided not to have tints done now, more hassle thanits worth i fink

disco-do ya mean wot is de-lockin?
Yes I do :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 24 November 2004

bunch os arse IMO 172/182 has anti raid feature which locks door after moving off it also means emergency services cant get in. it even tells you that in the manual!

insurance underwiters dont have a clue!
I have no key hole on the drivers door as standard on my 172.

I think the person that you were talking to at the insurance company must have thought you said you had de-handled the car rather than de-locked it, as de-locking the car isnt going to make any different to the emergency services, they have got a key to your car, so how is it going to help them with a keyhole there?

Lee

BMW M2C

My mate had his Impreza Turbo delocked by the dealer from new for security reasons!!!

As Pete, I only have a key hole on the passenger side.

Talk to someone at Elephant who has a clue, if there is someone. It took me 3 calls to Tesco before I got someone last time!

disco-de-locking is when ya have all the locks on the doors n boots removed from the car so the only way ya can get in it is on the remote control fob.ya have to have central lockin tho to do it or else ya will never get in.

had to have a solenoid put on my boot to get in that, used the OE solenoid on the boot n jus added a switch inside the car to open the boot up. it only works when car is stationary tho

as ya say, fink they fort i meant de-handled not de-locked but nevermind, jus gonna leave it undeclared n not worry bout it

[Edited by feirce187 on 25 November 2004 at 11:26am]