ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I have to drive this to work tomorrow....

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
As said on a previous thread I have fitted the newer KTR Race/track engine mounts. This is the result...

:lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My Clio (with the wrong interior, removed and refitted 10+ times!) and all three solid engine mounts, rattles like no other car I've ever been in. And I've been in a lot if crap cars!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Not exactly masters of fit and finish the guys over in Renault. Things like the grab handle coming off in my hand as I closed the door (before I put a fecking big screw in there).

Then again, if I wanted fit and finish I would buy something fat and boring like a Golf R32! ;)

Mine rattled like a brick in a washing machine with solid mounts. The throttle response was lovely but after a long day at work even the short 10 mile journey home got tiring.
Also it turns out (most) girls don't like the noise solid mounts make so they had to go. :rasp:

"Sorry officer, I have to keep it around 6k RPM because that's the frequency the engine mounts are designed to dampen"

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Me to.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

And im old.

When we meet up, we'll swap cars then because mine vibrates like a c**t!

I love the way you can absolutely hammer it though and no axel tramp, no exhaust knocking, no gearstick knocking on the rear window!

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Mine rattled like a brick in a washing machine with solid mounts.

washing_machine_brick_face.png

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
When we meet up, we'll swap cars then because mine vibrates like a c**t!

I love the way you can absolutely hammer it though and no axel tramp, no exhaust knocking, no gearstick knocking on the rear window!

If im honest there is a little bit more vibration on idle, but thats it.

Best mod ive done so far, feels so much more connected and i wouldn't go back to standard mounts.

What you said about the exhaust knocking, used to drive me bloody nuts and my mounts where new.