ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i havent a clue do you ? big problem?

clio campus sport woo hoo
hi guys i have a question i have a 1.2 clio campus sport 56 plate im wondering if you guys can help me ... here goes ...

ive been having reving problems the car has been reving on its own when not moving 2k up to 4k also when driving the car revs on its own also sometimes leading to the car stalling and then not starting

the car doesnt seem to want to start after conking out

when the car does conk out i try to start the car again but the it doesnt (maybe on the odd occasion leaving it for a while)

i try and start the car as normal it does turn but it chokes and doesnt fire up so to speak

if i do manage to start it when driving its as if there is no fuel in the car and is jumpyish

any idea what the problem can be

if i think of anythink else i shall chuck it on here asap

sorry for the terrible decription

thanks guys

i have read it could be the key, a sensor on the gear box, no petrol

i have tried both keys and the car does have petrol

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Might be a long shot but maybe the MAF needs cleaning, if it's revving on its own maybe it's an ECU issue or one the sensor's connected to it

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Yeah, when mine went it refused to start and rev's went a bit crazy. Mine was down to poor connection, fixed by braking off the plastic and attaching the wires directly with some electricians tape.

Hmm I wonder if that's the problem a guy I know that wirks in renaults going to check it over and do it I think save me the hastle as I aunt got a clue with what I'm doing lol

Mk5 golf gti
if its not that then its the loom as suggested before

i would try giving the sensor a good clean though

I aunt got a clue mate ice just dropped the car to renault he's going to see if he can sort it out but he's mot in Monday ties or the week end hopefully it wipl be done tomorrow do renault normally stock these parts

All sorted now just got it back drives like a dream problem was the water temp sensor apparently