ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i just bought a williams for £2000!

Sure it was Leon 16v who started this thread... but then went and deleted his post....

He said that hed just bought a williams off ebay, and I just noticed it had a cliosport sticker on it.

silver valver/hybrid

yeah i saw leons name when i opened the topic then it was gone by the time it opened?!

No service history isnt the end of the world!

Would want to check the car over first before parting with any cash.....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Good to hear youve bought a legendary hot hatch.

He points out a few problems with the car which he says are simple and inexpensive......the steering columne will cost roughly £200 and the problem with 1st gear could be worse than a simple fix......new gear box springs to mind..

AA check perhaps? Could always reject it afterwards and then not pay, claiming it wasnt as described?

Though I guess thats not really the point of an auction... lol

I won a Williams 2 on ebay about 4 weeks ago for £1999. Drove nearly 200 miles to look at it, and it was a heap! Didnt buy it, the bloke got stroppy, but i wasnt parting with £2k for something like that.

Then the following day i found mine on autotrader, only 40 miles away, loads of history, superb condition (not even a rusty arch) and after a bit of haggling, got it for the same price

So theres plenty of Williams about for £2k, youve just got to hunt about for the better ones

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Shaun_16v on 13 April 2005

I won a Williams 2 on ebay about 4 weeks ago for £1999. Drove nearly 200 miles to look at it, and it was a heap! Didnt buy it, the bloke got stroppy, but i wasnt parting with £2k for something like that.

you place bids on ebay to buy, not to go look at em.

you arrange to go look at the car, if you dont like it, you dont place a bid.

people like you on ebay that f**k peoples sales up. ide have been stroppy with you too.

No offence Final_Maxim, but before you accuse "people like me", maybe you should know the facts of why i didnt buy it.....it was advertised with a fsh and half of it was missing, advertised 4 new tyres and one was illegal, advertised as drives and runs well but you cant push the clutch down hardly, exhaust blowing, and sounds like its running on 3! advertised as immaculate bodywork except for rusted rear arches and when i get there it has a bump strip ripped off and the door scuffed all the way along, bit of mis-representation!

So its not honest buyers who are "people like me" that mess sales up, its the a***holes that mis-represent the item, in the hope that theyll force someone to pay over the odds for it when they turn up!

Oh and before anyone says i should have checked more about the car first, i spent over 15 mins on the phone to the guy before i bought it! In fact, a***holes like him should be made to cover the losses of genuine buyers! I spend over £50 in petrol that day!!

If anybody else is looking for a decent Williams then take a look at this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4541034303&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4541034303&rd=1

It says the car is sold on eBay but the guy who won the auction is a scam artitst so it is still for sale, or at least was on Monday anyway.

I went to see this Williams and it seemed tidy except for scrapes around the rim of the wheels. One of the wheels was being refurbed when I saw it so the spare wheel was on. Also, there was a bit of plastic missing off the front bumper on the bump strip but that was no big deal.

It could of done with a clean and from the pics it would look very nice when this had been done.

It is advertised as having done around 42000 miles and he had the FSH but it was not from a Renault dealer, just some print outs of service receipts which could easily be forged for all I know. It was HPi clear and MOTd.

It was standard apart from a Scorpion exhaust as you can see from the photos.

All in all, it drove well and with a a good clean could turn out to be a very good one if anyone was interested.

I know he will accept £3500 for it too with a new service or £3400 without.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

2k is a steal for a williams unless it has a major problem....wouldnt want to buy a car Ive never seen in person though. I dont think no service history is a problem if the has been looked after and serviced with decent o/e parts...
You usually tell how well a car has been looked after by speaking to the owner for 5mins..