ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I know, another Xenon/hid thread

Csp

ph1
Hey guys/gals. Not been on the forums for a bit. Ive decided to get some Hid's. I have a clio sport mk2 p1. I have projector lamps so i might aswell make use of them :) My oem bulbs are Hb3/9005 60w

Will they pass the MOT in 2012? ive read many threads about this. I can always take them out and pop them back in after.
I dont want to look a chav so i will go for 6000k yes? opions please.
My standard bulbs are 60w. So should i get a 35w kit or 55w kit?
Are they hard/easy to fit, are the kits plug and play?

I have been looking at these, bots come witrh 2 year warranty
Link 1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-Xe...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563ff23290
Link 2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0e38da84

If anyone can answer some of these questions, Any opions, any help/tips would be great thnaks :D

Last edited:
  3 Series touring
I've just bought the top ones for my Astra, but you won't need them as they are CANBUS compatible (don't have to worry about that on the clio) the bottom ones will suffice. You'll need to buy a set of bulb holders to make your life 1000 easier when fitting.

I'm sure someone will confirm , but as you have projector lenses you SHOULD be okay in an MOT, as far as I know the regulations about washers and levellers say that WHERE FITTED they should work, not they the have to be fitted.

Like I say though I'm sure someone knows it in more detail than me

Also, go for anything 6000K or under

Csp

ph1
I did read another thread a while ago about someone needing some bulb holders, so they can simply screw in like you would with the OEM bulb?

Can anyone link me to the right size buld holders? thanks

Clio 1.2
just search in ebay for the make of the car and the bulb type like mine is h7, i came to fit my hids today and not relizing that you need these bulb holders i was in a right muddle. search for hid spacers then find the right one. make sure you get them before trying to fit :) good luck

Csp

ph1
HID's help

Okay ive just ordered the ones from link1. But am also having problems finding bulb holders for Hb3/9005 bulbs? Thats if i need any? :(

They are so simple to fit as they just go into the connector for you old headlight bulb. The actual bul just slots into the headlight but in regards to the MOT you would be safer to take them out for the day. No need to remove the ballasts and wiring as the bulbs clip out seperatley from the wiring.

Csp

ph1
just search in ebay for the make of the car and the bulb type like mine is h7, i came to fit my hids today and not relizing that you need these bulb holders i was in a right muddle. search for hid spacers then find the right one. make sure you get them before trying to fit :) good luck

Didnt quote.
What colour temp did you go for Rob? :)

They are so simple to fit as they just go into the connector for you old headlight bulb. The actual bul just slots into the headlight

Yeh thats what i thought, the Hb3 hid bulb should just twist into the headlight like OEM ones. i dont think ill need bulb holders but some people say i do? so im lost with that. Will see when the kit comes

3 Series touring
Didnt quote.
What colour temp did you go for Rob? :)

Yeh thats what i thought, the Hb3 hid bulb should just twist into the headlight like OEM ones. i dont think ill need bulb holders but some people say i do? so im lost with that. Will see when the kit comes

My bad I just assumed they were h7's
What colour did you get?

Clio 1.2
iv got 8000k ones on mine like, i fitted them thinking i didnt need the spacer but they dont have any blue in at all, just like pure white really happy. just bought some white side lights aswell :D still havent got the chance to order spacers -.-

Impreza Wagon
The after market xenon haters will soon pounce on this thread! (I'm not a big fan but I understand why ppl do it)

In theory these won't pass MOT's but it depends how friendly your tester is. Also the higher temp you go for the less light it'll produce, 6k is perfect imo.

Clio 1.2
haters are haters.. everyone has different tasts and styles. if anybody has a link for these spacers then please share... i cant find any links for them... help please