ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Question

REcently bought a 182 with broken HID's, yeah i know stupid missing them but hey, i checked everything else and knew of EVERY fault excluding this prior to purchase. Anyway, seeing as he has no idea of it, even after contacting him and saying look i'm not bitter just anything you know could save me time and money repairing them.

I have no idea why they aren't working, how long they haven't been whether it's ballast/bulb, i have checked the little black box thing(under the passenger footwell) to make sure that's in properly and have yet to check the fuses but i'm posting this assuming they'll be fine. Sidelights, indicators etc work fine just the hids. When i first got in the car after buying it the passager headlight flicked a few times about 2 minutes after starting the car and died.

My question is, could i buy another complete HID
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-XE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d35489ba

Like above and just put it in without issue? I ask this because looking at research stealers will do just that..steal £500+ for a fix, even going for a diagnostic would cost like 70 pounds and i could fit this kit myself. It might not fix the issue but it will exclude the hid kit as a problem, also, could i use a voltmeter on the connectors to the hid to test if the car is giving the kit power?

Any help or insight into a fix/person to speak to about a fix or diagnosing the problem will be a massive help as i'm limited with space/tools to just tinker with it

Also if anyone knows any history on CT04 EYF please let me know, the cars plastered with cliosport.net stickers so i'm assuming the previous owner(s) was an active member, it might shed some light on this problem and his lack of care overall care for the car