ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i like the looks of these tyres

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
anyone tried them
ZetaLinea.gif

they are cheep and i dont care how long they last, what u think?
called Zeta Linea

they had a good right up in one of the motoring mags. cant remember which one but one of the writers was using them on his car and thought they were good.

Chocolate Bar™
got them on my beast at the mo. very good tyre and doesnt sting the bank balance :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
circa £40 notes josh.

was either these or yoko A5** whatevas or the Falcons i have on atm.
went for 2 gsd3's again though in the end at £63 a pop!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
AL, mate, p6000's...... lets have a minute here, if i was sponsored by pirelli id still walk to work rather than trust my cars on those things.
see the light go for the gsd3's

al

ST on the way...
They're not THAT bad...........errr.

Only picked em cos i'd had P600's on my R5 and they we're s**t hot!

Chocolate Bar™
corsa sxis come with p6000 as standard, says it all ;)

seriously give them a pop, they are a really good tyre, look kinda like goodyear f1's when on the car

Chocolate Bar™
lol, seriously they arent that bad, girlfriends never complained about them anyhow ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
P6000'S are pretty good tyres , had em on my Pug 306 S16 never had a problem with em , very good in both the wet and dry imo .

I'd say you get what you pay for . A £40 tyre is £40 for a reason . Its alright some motor journalist saying they were good , depends what car , how he drove , what conditions .If he's anything like James May he won't have gone over 30mph , lol .

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
"I like the LOOK of these tyres" LMAO

The only thing that keeps you out of a ditch everytime you drive is those four little contact patches between rubber and asphalt...and you make your purchasing decision based on how a tyre looks!

As above ^^^ - as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
In my opinion, you go for which tyre suits 'you' best. There are indeed tyres that without a doubt will be better, but there will also be some alot worse. It very much depends (again in my opinion) on how you intend to drive. If you don't intend the throw the car about abit, (i.e hard fast cornering in the dry as well as in the wet) then a cheaper tyre will normally be alright. If however your driving style requires some major grip and superb handling, then cheaper tyres are a big 'no no'. There is also one other thing to consider when buying cheaper tyres, they will not last anywhere near as long as the more well known and indeed more expensive brands, and can therefore be less cost effective.

I wish you luck with your choice, and hope everything turns out to your advantage. :)

172 Cup
MarkCup said:

The only thing that keeps you out of a ditch everytime you drive is those four little contact patches between rubber and asphalt...and you make your purchasing decision based on how a tyre looks!

Couldn't agree more.. I'd never buy tyres on how they look.

In this case they may look even nicer when your cars on it's roof!?!?

tiTTy & SV650
DynamiqueDebz said:
In my opinion, you go for which tyre suits 'you' best. There are indeed tyres that without a doubt will be better, but there will also be some alot worse. It very much depends (again in my opinion) on how you intend to drive.

totally disagree, a good tyre can save your skin.

Good example is when I came round a bend at 40mph in the wet to find the road flooded, I aquaplaned off the road but saved it - just!

If you have s**t tyres and are faced with adverse weather conditions you're gonna have a s**t drive regardless of how enthusiastic you drive, good tyres give me confidence in the car.

so buy the best you can afford.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
rory182 said:
totally disagree, a good tyre can save your skin.

Good example is when I came round a bend at 40mph in the wet to find the road flooded, I aquaplaned off the road but saved it - just!

If you have sh*t tyres and are faced with adverse weather conditions you're gonna have a sh*t drive regardless of how enthusiastic you drive, good tyres give me confidence in the car.

so buy the best you can afford.

Second that... But buy the best for the car !!

In the summer it can be a bigger problem than the winter, people expect bad weather in the winter and will usually have replaced worn tyres before it comes.

However in the summer people will live on bare tyres simply because they still work.

And then the Radio1 staff wonder why there are so many crashes when it rains a little bit in the spring.

=========================

As people said, if you don't throw your car about a lot and generally drive with low risk, then a more normal tyre will do.

NOT some 195/45 rubber band from Woolworths. Continentels are good for normal driving, they will still grip at higher lateral forces, which makes them good for those un-accounted situations.

Michellin PS and PE are high performance tyres, and as such, will wear a lot quicker than others, and cost more too !! The result of this though, is great grip wet or dry.

You can spend a load of money on performance, but when you are "saving money" in the safety department, i.e. brakes, suspension and tyres, you can't expect good things to come!

tiTTy & SV650
well i can get 14k from exaltos on the front so dont think the wear rate is bad at all.

I dont do wheelspinning though lol

BMW M4; S1000 RR
rory182 said:
well i can get 14k from exaltos on the front so dont think the wear rate is bad at all.

I dont do wheelspinning though lol

That's fairly respectable, however driving considerately should give a none-performance orientated tyre 20k on the drive wheels.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I'm coming towards tyre change time, I've got Pirelli P-Zero Nero's on. Very predictable, good grip, very reasonable price for the brand. I've had over 25k in them although I've done a lot of motorway driving and I never wheelspin.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Looks aren't everything. The best bet is to choose a tyre which is recommended by people who also have the same car.

You can have a tyre with lots of fancy grooves and s**t but it could be absolute tripe. At the end of the day you have to calculate how highly you regard your life and that of people around you.

Afterall as Mark said earlier in this thread, there is only 4 things connecting your car to the road. Choose crap ones and for the sake of a few quid you could seriosuly regret it.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
MarkCup said:

call the care police, theyll be off again in 8k... yada yada yada.

anyone recomend anything better for £40?

Ph1
Who stock these Zeta Linea tyres ??

I did a search and only found one place and they were the same price bar a couple o quid of Toyo T1's and Eagle F1's

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
rory182; I totally agree a 'good' tyre can indeed save your skin. I was however trying to consider this guys budget. It is pretty dodgy to base your decision on how a tyre looks, and again, like you said, you have to consider weather conditions ( not to mention the way you drive).

I personally would never put a cheap tyre on my car and indeed put looks aside. I really can not comment on which tyre (based on a budget of £40 each) would be good for all weather conditions and indeed the car.

I originally had Continental Premiums on my car (came as standard when I bought it new) and I did like them and got on very well with them. I have since put 16" alloys on my car and so upgraded to Continental Sports Contacts. They were not cheap (£287. for 4) but they are a remarkable improvement on what I had, and don't regret it one bit!