ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CL RC6 vs PBS ProRace

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Does anyone have any track experience with both types of pad?

So far, I have been using the ProRace pad's but I dont think the set that I have now will last a full day at Cadwell.

Are the RC6's a worth while upgrade?

How long do they last by comparison?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've used both.

PBS are good value for money and last ages, however RC6's are massively better in terms of bite. They pull your face off tbh.

They do wear quite quick though, i was getting about 2-3 track days out of them.

I tried the new PBS ProComp pads just before i sold the Clio and they felt on par with the RC6, but no idea on wear rate unfortunately.

Reactions: MLB

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
This is good info.

So one of my concerns was how badly they would wear.

I'm getting around 3 track days to a front set of the PBS's but that's only at Blyton Park.

Did you have any issues with wet track days with the CL's? I see that Kam mention that they need extra mainantence after getting wet.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
One thing worth noting,

CL’s absolutely annihilate your wheels . They’re definitely more fierce than pbs though, imo. They’re also harsher on discs, if you care about such things

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
This is good info.

So one of my concerns was how badly they would wear.

I'm getting around 3 track days to a front set of the PBS's but that's only at Blyton Park.

Did you have any issues with wet track days with the CL's? I see that Kam mention that they need extra mainantence after getting wet.

I only ran them on track then took them out and swapped for road pads afterwards.

They can rust to the discs if used daily, with them being a fully sintered metal compound.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I found the RC6 fell apart if got wet and left. Also I found the pedal modulation on the PBS better in the wet than RC6 (Abs Delete)

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, all of the above. I used RC6 for two seasons but couldn't get away with the sudden bite - if I bottled it and dabbed on the pedal, usually mid-corner.

200.gif

My mates ran PBS on their Clio last two seasons and no issues.

I find DS1.11 are the best all-around pad for these cars though. Pagid RS42 are also nice and linear but fade badly if you're on a really good lap and you're properly pushing.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
OK, it doesn't seem that the CL's are worth the extra with the shorter life time and wet issues.

The DS1.11 pads are on my list but they are a bit pricey for me right now, I have read very good things about them though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
DS1.11’s are brilliant, my first set lasted for a good 7 track days maybe 8, I’ve used PBS pro races in the front and back and didn’t rate them at all for track use, the DS 1.11’s are in a different league and considering how long they last and the performance they give I don’t think they are that bad in regardless to value really.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
DS1.11’s are brilliant, my first set lasted for a good 7 track days maybe 8, I’ve used PBS pro races in the front and back and didn’t rate them at all for track use, the DS 1.11’s are in a different league and considering how long they last and the performance they give I don’t think they are that bad in regardless to value really.
Totally get the added value of the DS1.11's and I will go that way in the future but they just aren't in my budget right now.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member

Not happy to read this as I'm about to swap out my worn Ds1.11s for brand new PBS Prorace pads 😂

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I ‘think’ (not 100%) that club racing uk does promotions with pbs and may have a discount code