ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love my car!!!

Family Bus
I know I post a lot of threads about problems with my car lol, but tonight Ive been reminded why I love it so much!

Having a 3yr old in tow most of the time, I tend to be Mrs Sensible when driving, so dont often get to have a 'play'. Well she's gone to her Dads for this weekend (hurrah) and tonight I went to a mates about 20 miles away, and had a brilliant drive!!

Really reminded me why the 1*2's are so good! Raw little animals! Had so much fun throwing it round corners on country lanes and doing the speed limit (ahem) on the motorway! Had a play with a nice CTR on a single carriageway, sat on his bumper all the way down (he was not impressed with a girl tailing him)

Sorry if Ive bored you, just I really dont get to push the car often and Ive really enjoyed my drive tonight! So much so that Ive used half a tank on 40 miles LOL!! Wheeeeeeeeee! :D

Clio 172 Cup
I think I know exactly how your feeling. I recently bought a 172 cup that i knew needed a few jobs doing to put it right. So after having new rocker cover seal, new exhaust, front struts, driveshaft and cv gaiter (all under warranty) and a cam belt kit fitted for £160 plus an oil & filter change and air filter, 1 month later and I got to drive the car that i knew was lurking in there. Exhilirating! At quarter to one in the am and mainly speed limit A-roads and dual carriageway plus a few roundabouts and a nice stretch of motorway to get the 17 miles from my buddies house after a lazy hazy summers evening sat outside discussing life & love, I got to find out just how much better the car was than I had hoped.
I love my car too now and I hope that my driving skills will eventually match the performance that this car offers, for only then will the force be strong within me.
The A roads were dealt with easily with second and third which was just as well as the sound of the intake combined with the exhaust note had me spellbound. The pop and crackle at the lead in to roundabouts then nailing it at the apexes not to mention exploring the potential on the motorway was equally as impressive (I never knew you could steer a car with your clenched buttocks until tonight!).
I don't want to race anybody I just want to enjoy the drive so I think a track day soon would be a good idea.
By the way did I say I loved my car too. :D

chillpill.jpg

I love my car to :)

Clio 200
i agree i was seriousley considering selling the 172 and getting my bike license and use the bike thats lying doing nothing. now there was nothing major up with the car a wee service new discs/pads and its all good but i had really fallen out with it, but tonight on our private runway had a play with a fiesta st, mgzr160, 5 civic vti's pug 106 gti, was quite a site tbh but clio was the quickest of them all in saying that it did take to 140+ a couple leptons to get past one of the vtis. reminded me why a really liked the car

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I love my car as well :D It's always really satifying to give your motor a good thrashin especially when its something capable and rewarding.

My valver probably isn't as fast or as capable as a 17poo but by christ it's rewarding and soooo much fun :rasp: Gotta love lifting off on roudabouts, arse out action FTW!

I had a giggle with some lad in a crap BMW last week, he jumped some red lights I was at and tried to nail it, so in my sensible shoes I decided this young chap needed putting in his place :approve: :race: So I go after him down a dual carriageway, approaching a roundabout he's braking hard, I'm still on the loud pedal then some uber late braking (wilwood 4 pots FTFW!:rasp: ) str8 over and the beemer is but a small dot in the rear view mirror:approve:

Eventually slowed down and stopped for a little chat, was a sound lad just had a crap car.

Been without my baby 4 a week now, missing it like crazy:cry: gonna be in the paint shop for another 2 weeks yet

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know I post a lot of threads about problems with my car lol, but tonight Ive been reminded why I love it so much!

Having a 3yr old in tow most of the time, I tend to be Mrs Sensible when driving, so dont often get to have a 'play'. Well she's gone to her Dads for this weekend (hurrah) and tonight I went to a mates about 20 miles away, and had a brilliant drive!!

Really reminded me why the 1*2's are so good! Raw little animals! Had so much fun throwing it round corners on country lanes and doing the speed limit (ahem) on the motorway! Had a play with a nice CTR on a single carriageway, sat on his bumper all the way down (he was not impressed with a girl tailing him)

Sorry if Ive bored you, just I really dont get to push the car often and Ive really enjoyed my drive tonight! So much so that Ive used half a tank on 40 miles LOL!! Wheeeeeeeeee! :D

I'd let you sit anywhere tbfh. ;)

172 Cup
LOL, i know exactly what you mean......Had a really tough week last week, needed to vent my frustration so i went for a drive......It deffo put a smile on my face when i needed it;) !!! LOVE my car......almost as good as a best friend!!! :eek:

Although, I was driving along last night and the seal around the windscreen came flying off, so i had to pull into halfords and get some tape stuff to reassemble it in the car park!!!:S

RS RIP

^^:D

Family Bus

FILTH

172 cup
go for it hun - although I dont have a 172 I still love my car and love going for a good drive on my own especially when I just want to get away its ace

Family Bus
Doesnt really matter what engine it is as long as you love your car!

Although- had possibly the slowest drive back from my mates yesterday morning after a vodka fuelled saturday night LOL!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
40miles to half a tank!!! hole in the line me thinks! Vee doesn't even use that much on track! lol

They are great little cars, i'm wanting another soon! :)

I

invisible man

I think I know exactly how your feeling. I recently bought a 172 cup that i knew needed a few jobs doing to put it right. So after having new rocker cover seal, new exhaust, front struts, driveshaft and cv gaiter (all under warranty) and a cam belt kit fitted for £160 plus an oil & filter change and air filter, 1 month later and I got to drive the car that i knew was lurking in there. Exhilirating! At quarter to one in the am and mainly speed limit A-roads and dual carriageway plus a few roundabouts and a nice stretch of motorway to get the 17 miles from my buddies house after a lazy hazy summers evening sat outside discussing life & love, I got to find out just how much better the car was than I had hoped.
I love my car too now and I hope that my driving skills will eventually match the performance that this car offers, for only then will the force be strong within me.
The A roads were dealt with easily with second and third which was just as well as the sound of the intake combined with the exhaust note had me spellbound. The pop and crackle at the lead in to roundabouts then nailing it at the apexes not to mention exploring the potential on the motorway was equally as impressive (I never knew you could steer a car with your clenched buttocks until tonight!).
I don't want to race anybody I just want to enjoy the drive so I think a track day soon would be a good idea.
By the way did I say I loved my car too. :D

and a cam belt kit fitted for £160 plus an oil & filter change and air filter??????????? I just got a full cam belt kit fitted, new rear exhaust mount and a full 36K service last Friday - cost me £750.

Must say in keeping with this thread, got to work in under 30 mins this morning (York race course to near Elland road in Leeds - just over 30 miles) although there was a copper outside Elland road re-directing traffic around a diesel spill, when I saw him I had just changed into second at about 7000rpm (with an induction kit) he shouted "slow down KNOB HEAD" so I had to drive the last half mile a bit sheepish.