ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need help bad!!!!!!!

Audi S3 225

Hi, Sorry about posting this again, when it was in my other thread but I need everyone to see this!

I have just recently bought new alloy wheels they are LG065 league rims and Avon tires in 17 inch. My problem is that the car pulls to the left a lot, when I turn a little to the right it will swing right back to the left. The steering feels a bit heavier than before and my cars gone quite noticeably slower.

I took it to a local garage this morning and they checked the alignment and said it was fine, and they dunno wot it might be. My mate told me that my car may need balancing, will this help? If not what else could it be!!.

Plz any help would be much, much appreciated, ty

Alan

17s will slow you down. Im afriad you cant cheat physics, but in return you should have less body roll and more outright grip under the correct conditions.

Youll also find the car "camber chasing" more than before, if a full geometry check cant find anything out of alignment, spend some time looking for a perfectly level road surface to do some "testing"! You may find its going to become a feature of the car......

Ive had a mk2 and now have a Cup, both of which suffer from an intollerence to camber. If you check out the cup race cars youll see they use 15s normally, large wheels mainly exist to satisfy a cosmetic demand.

Balancing should have been carried out when your tyres were fitted, but If youre suffering from a speed dependent vibration through the steering wheel, they probably need doing again :-( balancing certainly wont cause problems of the severity youre describing.

Good luck :)

Audi S3 225

thx for the quick reply, im serously thinking about gettign reno to take a look as the car as its going in on Monday for a service. im sure that wot im experiencing aint normal and I really need to get it fixed asap.

Would the fact that i fitted them myself make a difference should i have got a garage to fit them? I put the black plastic round thing in the alloy and made sure the arrows were facing foreward on the tires.

Any one else got a clue??

I know this sounds a bit simple, but are the tyre pressures exactly the same either side of the car. If one of the tyres, especially at the front is of a different pressure to the other then this would cause the car to pull to one side. Always best to check the most basic stuff before anything else.

Audi S3 225

Will check the pressure 2moro, but ya the tires were balanced before I got them. my old man said that it may be somethign to do with the brake disk or pads touching or rubbing against the wheel????

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i think u will find its tramlining

that is a problem with bigger wheels than what were intended for the car find an empty long road and drive in the middle and if it still pulls it might be summit else or even safer find a flat road like a motorway.

MaLicE

Audi S3 225

Is there anyone else that has the same model as mine with 17s that has this problem, cos my m8 said that his corsa with 17s does the same thing, and its not a problem with the balancing or tracking, its just that the small cars arnt made to have large rims fitted to them.

Ken

MKII Vee

Could be a oval tire mine pulled to the right noticeble when braking, could try swapping the tires round to see if it pulls the other way