ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Has anyone had the problem of the vibrating exhaust at around 4000rpm? I understand that it is quite a common fault on 172s.

I rang my local garage and when I said that it was a common fault (EVO mag have two 172s on test and both have had this fault) they said that they knew nothing about it. The bloke put me on holdwhilst he spoke to someone else and came back to me saying that I was basically full of crap and that Renault UK had no reports either.

Anyway, I am sure that some of you may have had this problem and I was hoping that some of you would ring Renault to confirm that this is not just a one off. There number is a freephone one so getr ringing!! on 0800 072 33 72.

Secondly, when I spoke to Renault to report the problem I asked them about R-Sports options (as detailed in the Cup brochure). The reply was basically, that they had no idea what I was talking about. When I mentioned a roll cage and ECU the operator thought I was from another planet.

I dont know about you guys but if we all ring up about these issues then perhaps something mght be done.

Would appreciate your help on this one.

Quote: Originally posted by ClioCupMiester on 25 March 2003

Secondly, when I spoke to Renault to report the problem I asked them about R-Sports options (as detailed in the Cup brochure). The reply was basically, that they had no idea what I was talking about. When I mentioned a roll cage and ECU the operator thought I was from another planet.
I dont know about you guys but if we all ring up about these issues then perhaps something mght be done.

This his how Renault UK operates! Get them to phone Rsport or get rsport to phone your dealership.

The garage said that they would have a look at it so I am not worried as I know it will get replaced but it is the fact that it is a common problem and if Renault were aware of it, it would save alot of time and energy.

The same goes for the R-Sport options aswell, we need to know what is going on.

I got mine replaced by dealer. They didnt mention anything about it being a known problem but didnt argue about replacing it.

S2000

Miester,

It is definately a known problem to Renault!! Book your car in at your dealer telling them you have a problem with your exhaust. Now, what the dealer should then do is order up the whole exhaust system from Renault, then when you come in the centre section can be replaced there and then! The remainder of the system is then sent back to Renault without any charge to the dealer being incurred! It is apparently a new thing Renault has brought in, it saves you coming back a second time!

S2000

When I went in to replace mine, they didnt even go out in my car, all they did was tap the centre part of the exhaust look at each other and went, hmm yeah well replace the centre section!! It took them all of 1 min to decide, thats what makes me think it is a known problem!

Teady,

I said it was a common problem becuase I have heard of it many times and said to the servicing bloke that as the car was already booked in (they broke something fixing a leak, another common problem!) I didnt want to waste time rebooking it in as it was almost certain to be the centre section of the exhaust.

Renault make some nice, quick cars but their service is absolutely cr*p.