ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I now Roll on 20s :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
DSC010931copy1.gif

lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
thats the ONLY thing putting me off, I can get the wheels, tyres, coilovers and arch work done for £2200, thast providing they can fit the 20s with coilovers, i know they can fit 19s with them.

However, I havea 1.2 8v engine, I can see pulling out of junctions been interesting :p

I also think 20s would look a little bigger than that chop.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
azzer2000 said:
20"s wouldnt fit

Yes they do, Hilly has them.

Calibre Coachworks now have 26's on there Astra.

However, the hard thing is ride height, unless i go for air ride which puts 20s out of budget.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Conteo said:
all show and no go eh

I'm only 19 and to be honest i wouldnt like to have a fast car, I'm not confident enough. If i wanted a faster car, I could have.

I am however tempted by a CTR or LCR :p

RB 200 Cup!
madness - looks quite good tho

i knew a guy who had 18's on his 1.2 - his performance was 0-60 in about 2 days - lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
is this all money you have? or money you don't? because fair enough if its what you want to do, but if you don't have the money and are doing it then you really are crazy.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
admitidly I had a £3k loan over 2 years to pay for the bodywork labour, however Ionly have about 4 repayments on tha left.

Everything else now is coming through saving up. Its harder but alot more rewarding this way.

Basically, I want something to make my clio stand out from the rest. I have always ahd an obsession with big rims, and was going for 18s, but there are standard clios on 18s now, then I was set for 19s, but some 20's came up in clio fitment, in 7.5" width for £1100!

Until then I never considered dubs lol.

In short, Ive had 17s for 3 years and they are boring me :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
fair enough, that's not too bad, it is a lot more rewarding to have saved the money yourself. Std clios are only coming with 17"s by the way, but I agree if your going for 19"s you may as well go the extra mile for 20"s to make it a bit more special (with it being a show car).

Civic Type-R
If your gonna fit 20's your gonna need some pretty massive brakes too?? Would look a bit silly with 20's and drums on the back? :S

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I love the 17 inch ice skates that you see Corsas wearing, with brakes that are meant to fill a 13" rim....

Is this your daily drive Crazy ?? If so then you are indeed crazy!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
RacerStu said:
If your gonna fit 20's your gonna need some pretty massive brakes too?? Would look a bit silly with 20's and drums on the back? :S

id have a rear beam conversion froma 182.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
rory182 said:
number plate TOO SLOW? or TOO LOW?

Slow or So LOW both are true lol.

by the time I've put the 20s it will have to be a show car, so the brakes will be purely astetic, might as well put 325mm 4 pots on the back if thats the case!

However, My car is my daily driver, Id rather it be this, than an all out show car thats treated as an ornament, I cant afford to ru n2 cars.

After much coisideration, I think 20s are very unlikely, But im going to finish the interior then see how much £££ ive got to play with :)

Vee dub
pmsl @ 1.2 8v on 20 inch wheels - such a bad idea imo

I think the clio looks better slammed on smaller wheels rather than on stupidly sized ones.

Car looks ok for a modded effort though, nice one.

I think it looks great on the wheels that are on it now they're in proportion with the rest of the car. 20s in that style will look s**t imho.

Matt

Chocolate Bar™
as above, think 20s will be too big, and too impractical for an everyday car. stick with 18s at the most imo

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Crazy Clio said:
id have a rear beam conversion froma 182.

lol, it would look like you had no brakes at all if you did that. 182 discs are tiny.