ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i phone going flat really quickly?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone else had this issue?

My phone goes from 100% when I leave the house in the morning, to about 20% by the time i'm finishing work at 5pm...

Its doing my box in and I need to know what I can do!

Clio Sport 182
Have you checked your Bluetooth bud? Mine caught me out. If its not that, have you double tapped the home button and closed all the open applications?

H

HickiN

Nothing i dont think mate.... mine does the same... take it off charge about 0630 when i head to work and is around 10-20% depending on how much music i listen too...

try turning off push, dimming it down a bit, turn off things that are constantly searching... but in my experience you wont really notice a difference...

H

H

HickiN

Have you checked your Bluetooth bud? Mine caught me out. If its not that, have you double tapped the home button and closed all the open applications?

Apparently that doesnt make a difference... or so i have been told..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I don't use bluetooth, not since my truck got taken off the road. And I close all the apps every night before putting it on charge.

Nothing i dont think mate.... mine does the same... take it off charge about 0630 when i head to work and is around 10-20% depending on how much music i listen too...

try turning off push, dimming it down a bit, turn off things that are constantly searching... but in my experience you wont really notice a difference...

H

What is 'push'??

Done the obvious things like not leave the screen on, lower the brightness, turn wifi off, close apps?

Lower the brightness, I'll try that.

are you in a low-medium signal area at work?

In terms of what mate? For phone calls or 3g? My phone signal is perfect at work but the 3g signal isn't the greatest.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
In terms of what mate? For phone calls or 3g? My phone signal is perfect at work but the 3g signal isn't the greatest.

If the signal (bars) are not at full strength your phone will be looking for a signal all the time, it is why phones go flat quicker in night clubs as they don't typically have good signal strength in them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This has only happened the last couple of days. Before then I'd get two days out of the phone easy. Just seems a bit odd that i've changed nothing and the phones misbehaving.

Impreza RB5 #054
Are you using it alot?

Mine does the same, but i do hammer it, sending texts, making calls and always browsing the internet.

H

HickiN

push; its where the phone is constantly searching for emails, facebook messages, chat programs etc

Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars > Fetch New data.... thats the push settings for email

Settings > Notifications... In here you can turn which notifications you receive etc.... this may help..

Make sense?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you let it go from 100% charge, to 0% and run out and the back to 100? You may find that the last 1% lasts like 9 hours because the battery needs calibrating, and you do that by following my method.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you using it alot?

Mine does the same, but i do hammer it, sending texts, making calls and always browsing the internet.

Usually yes, but the last two days i've been driving so haven't used it and that's why I'm finding it odd that its doing this.

push; its where the phone is constantly searching for emails, facebook messages, chat programs etc

Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars > Fetch New data.... thats the push settings for email

Settings > Notifications... In here you can turn which notifications you receive etc.... this may help..

Make sense?

Yes it does, i'll have a look now.

Have you let it go from 100% charge, to 0% and run out and the back to 100? You may find that the last 1% lasts like 9 hours because the battery needs calibrating, and you do that by following my method.

The last 5% vanishes faster than food on my plate dude. I will try to get it dead flat tonight and re-charge overnight, thank you.

Bumder With A Buffer
Duff battery.

The batteries are terrible on them after a while. I have changed LOADS

What model and how old?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep known for shite batterys. Both the 4 and 4s versions. I've changed more batteries from them then the 3g/3gs

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do you work for carphone warehouse?

press-all-shopfront-510.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
If the signal (bars) are not at full strength your phone will be looking for a signal all the time, it is why phones go flat quicker in night clubs as they don't typically have good signal strength in them.

I put my phone in the glovebox when I went paintballing, Came back at the end of the day, 14%!!!!! WTF!!!! It'd been trying to find a signal the whole time.

Megane 225
i heard the iphone 5 battery only lasts 4 hours? please somebody tell me this isn't true cba to research it and im getting one at the end of the month!

H

HickiN

i heard the iphone 5 battery only lasts 4 hours? please somebody tell me this isn't true cba to research it and im getting one at the end of the month!

No, similar to the iPhone 4/4S and lasts about a day realistically...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tony hunter is really helping me by texting me every 2 minutes....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
using the phone uses battery. take a charger to work.

(you f**king plank ;))

Last edited:
  Edition 30
Stop streaming HD p**n at work you big bald f**k. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't work with sam.

I work with a shambles of a man. You'd need to see him to understand the joke really.

Meh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It is some days.

On this day, I made a cow head out of a sandwich bag.

527280_10150658394291184_685483862_n.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It was a goatee to mock my partners pathetic attempt at a beard.

(Thats the stupid b*****d stood next to me)

I only ever had a battery problem with my 3GS, and it turned out to be software.

I subject all my Apple device batteries to varied use, and calibrate them religiously every 30 days. They all perform strongly. My old 17" MBP was still pushing 92% after three years and 380 cycles.

Not saying Daniel isn't having legitimate problems, but I do raise an eyebrow at all the horror stories. User error IMO. Apple do actually publish articles on how best to maintain batteries. In my experience, most users just hammer their device all day every day and expect the battery to last all week.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines on 81% and I took it off charge at 0600 this morning, phones 10 months old. Not used it that much today though, just a few texts.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You have shut down all the apps haven't you? Double clicking the home button brings up all apps that are running.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That closing apps thing is pointless, unless it's one desighned to run in the background, i rarely close mine.