ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Spy With My Little Eye...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had the Sport jacked up the other day to do the calipers and noticed this little thing.......
my.php

Can anybody Confirm??

Last edited:
yes its a car jacked up, that I can confirm if that was the question.

I assume your reffering to the dog bone mount? what about it?

Well, its just random thats all. I bought the car completely standard but wanted someone to confirm it was DogBone mount. Any reason why they would have this on but nothing else?

what do you mean nothing else?

Is the engine levitating in the bay? Only kept on a tight leash by the dog bone mount, ready to fly away out the bay when you undo it...

well what do you want to know?

Your post isn't helpful either.

what are we looking for? Is it a wheres wally puzzle?

Right, basically i was wanting someone to confirm

1) That this was a dogbone mount.

2) Why would someone, that didnt seem the modifying type, fit a dogbone mount?

Apologies for confusion

Leon Cupra 300
^^^ i dont think of stuff like that!

might just slacken off the top left one and pull engine towards me.. think thats what gt gaz said to do

the uprated one wont stop the knocking - stop wheel spinning - that'll stop it lol!. Ive got the uprated one and it still knocks when wheel spinning

Leon Cupra 300
god knows but it sounds unhealthy! i think its the block hitting the steering rack or heatsheild, gt gaz had the same problem, he sort of tilted the engine forwards in the bay a bit and it stopped completely

Monaco Blue Mk2
lol at this thread, I was confused as hell to begin with.

Is it unusual that my 1.4 sport has the 'twisted' type dogbone mount as standard? As I heard a while back that it's only the RS's that have it?

The knocking is just axle tramp isnt it? Not exactly unusual in my experience. I'm sure my brothers CTR did the same. Learn to control your right foot ;)

Roy Munson said:
The knocking is just axle tramp isnt it? Not exactly unusual in my experience. I'm sure my brothers CTR did the same. Learn to control your right foot ;)

This is what I always thought, but some people seem to think its the engine bouncing around the bay :rolleyes:

All I can say is every car I have ever owned has done it (not sure if the punto does yet as I havent wheelspun it) So I cant see 3 different makes and models of car having engines that bounce around the bay, lol.

axle tramps jnot really a knocking noise unless the shocks are dead.

all mk2 clios and the meganes from ph1 came with the twisted dog bone.