ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think im getting old...

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone else just lose interests in games sometimes? I have a few decent games on Xbox then i really should be playing i know after 10 mins il just turn em of again >.<

its quiet annoying because i want to play them, but i know il just be bored

Im getting old argg!!!

Ive got things like RAGE to finish, skyrim.. gears3, borderlands, fallout... Just have no interest in them...

Renault Clio 172 Cup
yh my fat ps3 got ylod like 4 months ago so i have to start a few games from scratch again but cba

Trafic 140dci
I get stressed out play COD MW3, i'll play maybe once a week if that sometimes, i just get ripped to bits by the people that play it daily!! by the time i go to move my gun i've already been shot dead lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I lost interest when I was about 8. Alex Kidd on the Sega master System iirc. Played that for about 2 days.

I've never been able to get into them.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My Xbox has sat under my tv, unplugged for a little over a year. The only time I play computer games is with a group of mates. They dont really interest me any more.

I used to sit em on for hours.. then we moved beginning of december and ive lost interest every sinced we moved flat.. weird

Listerine & Poledo
It's not getting old, it's that games are now (mostly) becoming a series of spin-offs.

Fifa 12 is only ever going to be Fifa '05 with different names.

CODMW3 is just CODMW but with other stuff

GT5 is GT but with more cars.

Sure the graphics get nicer, but that really is about it.

The only difference I see is the physically interactive games (Wii, Move, Kinect).

Still, I'd prefer a 10-person Daytona set-up

Evo 5 RS
05? Whatevs... Fifa 99.. Epic. It becomes more about appealing to a much wider audience nower days, so that any spaz can pick up and play.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I got old and lost interest back in the days of PS2, although I do think I'm missing out sometimes.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
05? Whatevs... Fifa 99.. Epic. It becomes more about appealing to a much wider audience nower days, so that any spaz can pick up and play.

Nail. Head. Hit.

Focus and involvement are rare requirements these days. Anything that can grab peoples' attention for more than 20mins at a time is doing well. Shame in a lot of ways - but the old days of several hours slog are LOOOOONG gone!

D.

RIP Dan
Im old and I lost interest in spending hours on a game (except when I was off after an op long term) when the original xbox came out.

I suppose I turned into any spaz and just wanted to pick up and play for 20 minutes, my time got too valuable to me.

Also I think the online play made things get too difficult for me, back int he day it was complete a game and compare scores. Online means playing people who have serious skill level.

Example being, as I am off at the mo I played Goldeneye Wii in single player, good fun but on easy level. Went online and got rinsed. Practiced a bit and went online again, got slightly less rinsed. No fun at all, killed, spawn, look up and get my bearings, killed, spawn, try to move, killed.

Waste of my time as there is no enjoyment. Maybe its the game setup letting noobs be with experienced players but it got stupid.

On the other hand, when I go online on Mariokart Wii I win 99% of the time and it bores me.

I lost interest when I was about 8. Alex Kidd on the Sega master System iirc. Played that for about 2 days.

I've never been able to get into them.

You really need an Xbox Dan. I'd imagine you'd get as much enjoyment venting your days frustration by shouting abuse at cretins down the mic as actually playing the games.

Listerine & Poledo
RE: Attention span.

I could get back into doing multiple hours of Fallout at a time, but I can barely make it through a short-weekend on F1 2011 without getting quite bored.

F82 M4
That's why I still play Counter Strike 1.6 to this day. It was made in 1999 and updated since then. They haven't updated it in about 6-7 years now. There's no need, if it's not broken, don't fix it. It's the only game I've truely been loyal to. Also, because it's such an old game, everyone is good at it. New people will not play it, just the hardcore gaym0rz! :cool:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
CS:S for me... Will be getting CS:GO too once out.

PC Gaming ftw, Consoles appear for the young(er than me! lol)

Nah consoles aren't for young uns at all. I work with several blokes in their 40's and 50's that roll with a PS3 or Xbox.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You really need an Xbox Dan. I'd imagine you'd get as much enjoyment venting your days frustration by shouting abuse at cretins down the mic as actually playing the games.

PMSL. Can you seriously imagine Superfast on a console????

I've give the console 24mins to live - assuming it was lucky. And 20mins of that would be setting up his profile!

D.

It would be glorious, ideally an open lobby on cod with some American teenagers for him to verbally abuse so viciously it'd result in a lifetime ban from XBL.

Ibiza SC
I'm finding the only games that keep my interest are sandbox game and strategy, as they are pretty much play as you like.

Shooters etc have never kept my interest, I will play for 15mins and find myself saving and quitting automatically without really thinking about it.

I tend to go back to old games that I used to love alot too. I've always played GTA's, Company of Heroes, Age of Empires, Trackmania, Command and Conquer etc. It's rare that I actually acquire any NEW games (rather just play one of my usuals and then not play it for a year or two, then play it again after that time).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
That's why I still play Counter Strike 1.6 to this day. It was made in 1999 and updated since then. They haven't updated it in about 6-7 years now. There's no need, if it's not broken, don't fix it. It's the only game I've truely been loyal to. Also, because it's such an old game, everyone is good at it. New people will not play it, just the hardcore gaym0rz! :cool:

I played this since 1.0 and loved it, around 7 years all in. I used to be epic! Then CSS for around 5 years after that :/

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
32 and love putting the 360 on. As Munson said, games are better than they've ever been. It's just a revolution of gaming. I've been a gamer since my Spectrum 48k back in the mid 80's.

You do need to be in the mood to play though, I agree with that.

Ibiza SC
Ex CSS n00b here :)

Never played CSS. Although when we were waiting the for TM final at EPS we watched the CSS final....fook me the players did really get worked up. Shouting and balling and slamming fists against desks and all sorts, was quite entertaining.

Evo 8 MR
I find if I don't play for a few days I can go for weeks without so much as the want to play any games but if I do play for more than say 30 minutes I get into it and then the urge to play is there again.

Same as when a new game comes out I'll smash it for a few days or a week but once I've finished it the urge to play goes away.