ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think my car is cursed with voodoo...and now sounds like a spitfire

Rite peeps this is gonna be a long Long moan from me but read on because i think my car is cursed or someone likes doing voodoo on it!

I have a 172 Cup and its give me no end of problems.

From picking it up it from new it the stop light and handbrake sign was lit on my dash after about 100 miles, so i took it back and was told there was hardly any brake fluid in it!

no problems for a bit then it all hit the fan.

2.Bout a year ago now and 17k miles i noticed the fan bet(auxilary belt?) was showing signs of serious wear, like it was half as thin as it should be so i booked it into Reno prompt to get it sorted. Was booked in on a Friday

Voodo 1 - one day before booked in

Was happly tootling along on the motorway (taking easy as i know of the above problem) and begun accelerating to get up a small incline and BANG!
bits of belt fabric went all over the place, somehow being visible in bits flying through the air. Now al sorts of nosie were coming out of the engine. So i pulled off the motorway and Phoned the AA. He sorted it out by removing all broken threds and then i drove slowly home to take it to Reno the next day.

The belt was replaced and off i went until a week later when i noticed another strange nosie. More serious i thought this time as there were loud ticking and banging coming from the Cylinders. So booked it into Reno again.

Voodo 2 - one day before before booked in

Driving to work and heard a sharp clink and the engine cut out and all the dash lights came on. so coasted over to the side and phoned the AA.
It wouldnt start as normal so the AA bloke bliped the throttle a bit when it started to tickover ( oh no man dont do it ) and then this almighty bang and grinding happened and the bloke said think its no working mate ( no Sh*t).

So got towed to Reno and were diagnosed a valve had droped into the pistons got mashed up and wrecked the engine basicly. Anyway got a warenty job and had the whole lot replaced. Phew.

next.. crimbo 05 had noticed knocking coming from the engine going over bumps, kind of like its being shock about. ( i think it sounded like engine mounts failing) so took it into Reno to get it sorted....no voodo yet...

they couldnt find a problem but they told me the exhaust was rubbing the manifold so they re-greased it __right!!! logic to me...
anyway got it home and noticed the exhaust were blowing, so thought the Reno monkeys had done somthing. so i took it back the next day. they now diagnosed the centre section of the exhaust had split. so they just replaced it and never addmited anything.

Anyway the knocking i origanally took it in for has got worse so its booked in tomoz to be looked at along with other little niggles that need sorting such as thumb grip peeling off, steering wheel not straight and alloy on wheels is bubbling in places. and guess what the day before going to reno

Voodo 3 - ( well to be fair its two days this time) ........

the exhaust is blowing again but really loud. Its like driving a Spitfire. Even going slow its really loud. I went to 6k revs and couldnt stop laughing i chickened out the further 1500 revs cos it was so loud. LOL
Anyway its going Reno on Thurs to get sorted again and am not driving it to work tomoz cos i know the exhaust will fall off or summat. Getting a lift instead.

And people wonder why am considereing changing to a fiesta ST. I cant afford to fix all this as my warenty ends in june..

still love my cup after all this tho

hope ur still awake,, just wanted to tell you bout my rant

A4 Avant
I think all cars have are affected by voodoo!

I part exchanged my 306 for my Trophy. Three days before it was due too go the battery went flat and wouldn't accept any charge, then two days before the engine light came on, one day before the central locking stopped working.

I just parked it in the far corner of the renault garage and gave the sales guy the keys as quick as I could and got back out of there!

black/gold 182
like all cars you always get one bad apple in a bunch sounds like you have it dude cant blame you for thinking of changing your wheels most people would do the same, but stick with it a bit longer your luck might change.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
blue nose said:
like all cars you always get one bad apple in a bunch sounds like you have it dude cant blame you for thinking of changing your wheels most people would do the same, but stick with it a bit longer your luck might change.

Mate my cup is just as bad, and from what i bin reading on here for the past yr a hell of a lot of 172/182 have bad faults. Im startin to think there all sh!te... Im tempted to sell up also. Focus RS/ Lotus elise 111s im feeling

Mini Cooper S sport
Yep, I think they really seem to have a lot of faults. My 172 had the common engine mount/suspension knocking noise problem, and my 182 was taken on the back of a truck to Renault this morning. The stop light and battery light came on last night, got the AA to look at it and the engine bay started smoking! It's got an electrical/alternator fault, bloody thing.

I now have a little 06 diesel Fiesta for the time being...

I love my 182, but there's no way I'm keeping it after the warranty runs out!

Ford Racing Puma
I have the same spitfire mate...

I bought a new janspeed exhaust after being told the exhaust was blowing. Got it fitted and the noise was louder ! Turns out the CAT was cracked... Renault replaced that too, but the blowing is EVEN LOUDER now. What the fook else could be wrong?!?!? Low revs sounds like a tractor, cane it and it is a SPITFIRE !! Any ideas?? I can post a vid !!