ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think my car is dying.. any ideas??

I have a clio 1.4 2000 done about 64k miles now

1. First of all, there is a dodgy rattle type noise when the engine is on, coming from somewhere near the fanbelt region (i'm not the most mechanic based person either :( ), which gets louder when the gas is pressed, however can die down a little when the clutch is pressed..

2. sometimes also my car doesnt start, it ticks over a few times but doesnt fire up.. however eventually after trying it starts..

3. this one is the pain though, sometimes i can be driving along, and my car will suddenly cut out and wont start again.. or will start after i've tried the ignition a few times (doing the same as it does in point 2) although this happened on sunday, and my car wouldnt start so i had to leave it and come back the next day when it started again.

also i'm scared as somebody mentioned my cambelt or something could snap and bugger up m engine.. but i have no idea what they were talking about??

80MPG BEEZA
sounds like you have been doing any maintenence try replacing plugs and leads and coils give her an oil change then find out where the other noises are coming from