ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want a Black Mirror!!

106 GTi
I have not tried the Petes 53 but found that with the CG 50/50 too. The Onyx looks as good after a few washes as it does when first applied even without QDing. If a wax can't do that I am not really interested in it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, looks fantastic when applied, but a pain if you just need to give it a quick wash, then leaves a dull finish. Pick your brains time (lol) Do you chamois after washing? I purchased a sonous drying towel and still think this marrs after washing, well that or the megs wash mitt :(

106 GTi
Most waxes I have tried bar the Zymol and Swissvax ones can not maintain the just applied look after wash, it is the main benefit to them IMO. Everything else I have tried seems to fail, CG 50/50, P21s, Souveran, Clearkote CMW and Nattys etc. The Onyx though seems to maintain it's appearance easily.

Re the drying I don't dry the 182 at all now, I rinse it with the hose pipe and then use 2 cans of Aquagleam filtered water and allow to drip dry (apart from the shuts, wheels and arches) and then just QD with Plush Microfibers.

If I do conventionally dry I use Sonus Der Wunder Towels and pat dry and they seem fine. Maybe the Mitt ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think i'll try a new mitt, and i've been looking into the Aquagleam too, its not too pricey...... whats the life time of the filter, how many rinses etc?(i understand that reducing the pressure helps etc) Might try the onyx but with winter not too far off i night need something more durable?

106 GTi
John at C&S said his was still working after a year washing his two cars weekly.

I am careful with how much I use 20 litres of water applied by watering can rather than hose it down wastefully with the filter on the hose.

I am not sure how durable the Onyx is, my mate is using it on his daily drive but re-applys it monthly as he is like me. I doubt it is Collinite or Megs 16 durable, but should last as well as the likes of CG 50/50 and Petes 53 and will easily outlast P21s and Souveran. With a good sealant base for winter I reckon the Onyx will be fine, I will use it over the EGP or Jeffs AGT when I do my winter prep.