ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want a willy

williams and trophy
I wouldn't.

The money you'll save from selling the 182 will be wasted on the Williams. The owners still have a strangely inflated price guide they use, so the "best" ones will be £3k+.

So lets say you get £6k for yours. You've got £3k to use to fix it, which will probably last a year if that as you'll have to pay for the rust to be sorted in the rear arches and you'll need a special tool (not Ali) to remove the spiders from the mirrors.

It's a massive step backwards. They're 15 years old.

wtf are you on about...ali bought a shitter....theres no disguisin that fact

i suggest you educate yourself before you try to educate anyone else on something you know fuk all about.

williams and trophy
they may be 15 years old.....but even a sub £1000 car can do this.......

[youtube]mWiV5zFTbys[/youtube]

s1 williams/106gti
oh no did somebody diss william's when '2 live' is online lol ............... mines getting a 172 engine at the moment which is a car you could quite happily build for under 3 grand that would slay 1*2's

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
wtf are you on about...ali bought a s**tter....theres no disguisin that fact

i suggest you educate yourself before you try to educate anyone else on something you know fuk all about.

John at the end of the day it was on 100k! Most of that mileage are sheds. When i sold it, it was brand new and the next owner had NO issues at all. (Bar a fault with the alarm)

Once the willy was going well, i'd lost the passion for it, it stank and it wasn't as fun as the 172, nor did i feel safe in it. Its no more of a bucket than some of yours!! And i've seen and heard about the problems you've had over the yrs...Then again you do drive them like they've just been stolen!

I still look every time i see a willy, they are cool as fcuk, but i cringe when i think about the cash and time i spend on fixing mine!

williams and trophy
John at the end of the day it was on 100k! Most of that mileage are sheds. When i sold it, it was brand new and the next owner had NO issues at all. (Bar a fault with the alarm)

Once the willy was going well, i'd lost the passion for it, it stank and it wasn't as fun as the 172, nor did i feel safe in it. Its no more of a bucket than some of yours!! And i've seen and heard about the problems you've had over the yrs...Then again you do drive them like they've just been stolen!

I still look every time i see a willy, they are cool as fcuk, but i cringe when i think about the cash and time i spend on fixing mine!

aye ur right. neither of mine have hit the 100k mark yet tho...;)

i did tell u to spend more time looking tho. impatience was ur downfall. lol

lesson learned. ;)

yeah iv had a few issues over the years. the clutch went about 2 years after i bought it. and then the kent cams exploded after 12 months abuse. and the clutch has just gone again. not bad in 7 years. altho tbf, it has had a couple of sets of brakes discs/pads rear calipers over the years. and as u know.....some serious abuse.

and yeah u do......i need scaring from time to time lol.

williams and trophy
oh no did somebody diss william's when '2 live' is online lol ............... mines getting a 172 engine at the moment which is a car you could quite happily build for under 3 grand that would slay 1*2's

why not just throw some 260 cams in n get the f7 up to same spec..and quicker ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There great cars if you can find a good one,but there fragile.

Some people have spent around 15-20k getting theres right over the years...

I still think they are a great car though.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Yep, I can't argue with that. I bought the car from Ali, then thrashed it at every chance I got for the best part of a year, and it never missed a beat. I just kept it serviced, and had the belts done.

The worst thing about the car was probably keeping the rust at bay, it was starting to come through on the arches again, and the front subframe had to be replaced by the guy I sold it to. (Oh and the wheel re-furb was a bit ropey ;) )

I noticed it was up for sale again recently at a local garage.