ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want some new Lenses...

Revels Mum & Sister
10-22 is an ULTRA wide angle lens. Mainly for landscape work but gives great distortion effects up close as well

Cupra
Filters...What and where should i buy, To go on the 50mm.

IMHO I wouldn't bother with a filter unless you want a CPL (polarising filter). Even then the CPL will cost about the same as the lens itself and is only worth getting if you can use it on one of your other lenses.

It is not really necessary to get a filter for protection as the front element is recessed anyway so there is less chance of catching it on something.

edit: although the prices in the link above make it easier to justify!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
my 77mm hoya was £30 - 10 times less than the lens? not quite sure what you mean?

I have that 70-300 lense, though I have never used it! Never really had a use for it, although I think if I was taking more pics at say knockhill it would be pretty useful

Cupra
my 77mm hoya was £30 - 10 times less than the lens? not quite sure what you mean?

£10 less, not ten times less. ;)

Canon 50 f1.8 = £50-£80
B&W CPL = £35-£90.

You can get cheaper filters of course which makes it more worth doing..... but then you get arguments about quality etc etc.

182-racing-blue

Just out of interest, I saw fisheye lenses mentioned earlier in this thread and I was wondering if anyone has actually spent 3-400 quid on one???

They provide great effects but I know its not the sort of thing that you carry around with you all of the time,

Also are the lens adaptors any good???

A4 Avant
I have a 10-20 Sigma and I love it for landscapes and some street photos, but I don't think i'd buy the sigma again. It just seems the images are soft and low light performance is poor IMO.

I have a 10-20 Sigma and I love it for landscapes and some street photos, but I don't think i'd buy the sigma again. It just seems the images are soft and low light performance is poor IMO.
you may have a bad copy then as its usually sharp as

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i agree on the low light performance, but mines not soft at all. There are known issues with these though, if u have a soft one i'd return it to sigma.

I'm starting to enjoy my Sigma 30mm F1.4 more at the moment... in low light its performance is superb!