ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i want to know if i can change my 1.4 to a 1.8 rsi

hi dose anyone know if i can take my 1.4 engine out and change it for a bigger engine if so what would i need in extra parts excuding the engine.
or is there any thing i can do with my 1.4 engine its out of a m reg 1994 phase 2 clio rt
thanks

You can chaneg it to anything, but can you be arsed!
the 16V motor will be pain to squeese in. The GTT engine will fit, waith some work and hassle and 3000 quid, the RSi motor will go in, but it only makes 90 something BHP so its not worth the money.

You can get your motor to over 100bhp with a little work, costing no more than 1000 quid.

read the rest of the posts on engine tunning and the RT engine.etc

the 16V motor will be pain to squeese in. The GTT engine will fit, waith some work and hassle and 3000 quid, the RSi motor will go in, but it only makes 90 something BHP so its not worth the money.

You can get your motor to over 100bhp with a little work, costing no more than 1000 quid.