ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I was an old V-Dub thingy passenger today...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great thing it was too!

Image028.jpg

One of the guys at work bought it a few months back and I got a lift to Asda at dinner. As the boot says, it's an automatic and not too clunky, suprisingly. Felt a little weird sat on the right side as a passenger on our roads (I think its the first time I've done that?) but it had plenty of old skool charm to it.

With the engine in the rear, the front felt very light - even from the passenger seat. No doubt its a bit of a handful in the wet.

Great little car though - even if I was a little shocked that my 182 does better mpgs - lol!

D.

ValverInBits
course the 182 does better MPGs! 1*2 are very economical for what they are imo.

like the dub

1.5 Clio Dynamique
type 3's are the forgotten vw's imo

(cant beat the fastbacks)
2767763.jpg

and on the subject of these vw things

1973vwthing090808.jpg

:p

S23

The Cleee-O
That's awesome! Gotta love the retro Dubs. :D Looks to be in ace condition too. :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
what does dub mean?

that just looks like an old car to me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Below the belt that, I do like old cars, I though DUB was a type of modded old car not just an old car.

S23

The Cleee-O
DUB has also become the term for the american ghetto cars, like 300C's and things like that on humungous chromes and stuff. 'Twenty inches strong' and all that shizzle.

Black Gold Trophy
hmm i swear some things just get attention because they are old, there are old cars I like, but this isn't one of them.

Nochy's are cool as feck tbh - I love them, same for Variants (the estate ones) Simply awesome ! I don't like fastbacks though.