ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE components

What are the components that people have in the front of their cars?
Just wondering who you lot rate and what sort of power they are.
Ive got a pair of Pioneers latest ones but, I not too impressed, just wondering what bto replace them ith.
Cheers

Ive put in Wharfedale Valdus mid-bass, leaving the original tweeters in the dash as theyre actually surprisingly good. Ive been well impressed with the Wharfedales though, really loud and punchy, as theyre designed primarily for dance music (big magnets!) As well as giving a nice sound for house, trance, etc. theyre pretty good for anything bass-line orientated as well, such as garage, dnb and hip-hop.
Apart from this, Ive heard good front-end mids and components from Focal and Rockford Fosgate. Infinitys Perfect range is damn good as well, if a bit on the pricey side!

As the ICEman says there are loads out there, it depends what you want to spend to replace them and also what you hope to achieve. I have ordered some Focal 136k 5" components and they are a tad good....it was close between them and JL XR525CS, but the Focal were £100 less...so won on that!

I have some Caliber components for sale on eBay, they are pretty good by all accounts, not the best but a decent sound. IMO they would be better than Pioneer ones...

Ive got Infinity 6" components with crossovers and separate tweeters.

I had to build some custom door pods to get them to fit but it was well worth it.

They are amped with an Alpine V12 T407 which is about 2x50 RMS

They sound very good and have great clarity but theyre not really for bass heads though.

Oh well two 12" subs take care of that