ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ice help needed!!!

have just got a pioneer head unit but need some help with speakers, i want to replace the speakers behind the door cards and install 6x9s on the parcel shelf.

just want a good sound so any suggestions on make model etc.. would be much appreciated

cheers

Hi

Are you planning on running a sub with your system. If you are then it isnt recommended that you use 6x9s on the shelf. I wont go into the reasons why as its been covered in previous posts.

If however you are just upgrading your standard system to soundnicer then you could go for 6x9s to give a bit of extra bass. It depends whether you are going to amp them up or not as to which ones you go for.

If you could let us know a brief system plan i will sort out some suitable models for you.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

www.evilice.co.uk

heard that a sub would improve the system a lot so that could be an option and i could amp it up, basically want a real good sound and loud as well!!!

so say front speakers, amp, sub and back speakers

also if tehre is a better alternative to 6x9s in the back could you let me know

cheers

having went through various stages and finally settled my system...the best sound is

good head unit

amped components in front

coaxiles in rear quaters

and a couple of 12" subs

well ive got the good head unit (my opinion!)

what make r ure components in front and rear quarters and subs??

prices?

sorry for all the questions, just want it to be a good set up!!

i went for the best head unit i could afford, whilst wanting it to look a bit poncey too! pioneer as it happens,

i went for pioneer E-motions components in the front, and co-axs in the rear. i know people say dont bother but ive tried it without and i like the sound with them in.

as for the subs, well, i went against peoples advice, and got hold of a pioneer amplified bass box!! (until funds allow otherwise) it was free (brand new) and was a left over from a stock return at a warehouse where my mate works.

i got it in there and i have to say im pleasently surprised!!! bearing in mind ive had systems with 2 x 12" subs before, the bass this thing chucks out is good!! i know people are going to say no it doesnt etc and i agree its never going to rival bigger systems, but for the time being it was an effective way of adding some bass into the system.

plus, the head unit im using has got so many audio features that i can play around all day long until i get the sound i want.

i think you can get hold of the box for about 120 quid, which aint bad when you think about it??

best set-up i have heard in a clio is as above

comps in front - amped

sub in rear - amped

personally not sure about co-ax in the rear 3/4 panels, not a fan of treble from the rear

currently in mine i have

Head Unit - Alpine 7893 £250

Components - Genesis a16.01 £200

Amp for Comps - Genesis Profile 2 £200 (i have one for sale £120)

Sub - Boston Acoustics Pro 8.5lf (8" sub) £180

Sub Amp - Audison LRx1.400 £400

sounds amzing (IMO), did have trhe idea of using the other Genesis amp to power 2x6" JL Subs in the rear 3/4 panels, seemed like too much hard work

350z & 16v Maxi

bambam put 2 6" subs in your doors and run off that amp. Dont sell your Genesis amp!!!! youll regret it!!