ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE Help

Hello!

I dont really have much of a clue about ice at the moment!

I will be looking into fitting a basic install in the boot of my valver (2 Subs and an amp for subs and components) in the next few months, but am getting confused by all the numbers!

how are subs rated? you see a peak power figure published, along with an RMS figure? what is that?

Should you size the amp to the rms figure or the peak?

If I have 2 subs does that mean I need a 2 channel amp just for the 2 subs?

Is there anywhere I can read up on this? can anyone suggest a guide online or something?

Cheers, much appreciated.

Chris.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Its pretty simple to be honest mate...

When choosing subs and amps...go for the RMS figure. Not goin to go into the nitty gritty, but jus go for the RMS values. Peak values are not very helpful.

So if your getin 2 subs which are like 250rms...you will need a subwoofer that is 2 channel 2x250rms. simple. However the other option is goin for a mono block Class D amp. These have one channel, but you can hook up 2 subs to them fine.

The other option is to bridge a 4 channel amp. So if you get an amp that is like 4x90rms. When bridged these will give out something like 2x220rms. This is the other option.

But to be honest, seeing as your a beginner to this...i would stick with 1 sub and 1 amp, that does the job. Unless you want a real fancy install hence 2 subs...

but Ive already got 2 subs in a box!

Is it dificult to set up 2 subs? please ignore my inexperience, but why?

Also, would I need a crossover & capacitor? what do they do?

Cheers!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Not difficult to setup the 2 subs...jus got to choose the right amp.

crossover...nope should be integrated in the amp. u will need a low pass filter which most amps have.

capacitor...hmm...wouldnt really think you would need one, but if u have a bit of spare cash then it wouldnt hurt. You generally only need a cap if uve got a really demanding system. In your case you can probably do without. Gd luck wiv ur install

Thanks a lot for your help.

My dad decided to sell the subs I was on about, so I will be buying my install from scratch. Its probably the best way anyway.

Cheers!

Chris.