ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ice ice baby!

alrite people

question for ya!
at the mo ive got two ten inch subs(very bassy) and standard 4" alway round.

im looking to fit some more speakers
maybe 6x9s or 7x10s and running them off an amp on high pass filters.

what do u lot reckon i shud do?

which are the best amps to power the 6x9s or 7x10s(depending on ur recommendations) which are reasonable speakers?

ive already got some jbl gto(6x9s), are they any good.

sorry for the essay, i just want some mid range and high sound, no more bass, my ears cant take it anymore.
cheers
delboy

umm. yeah dont see why they aint good. i see it as within reason the speakers are only as good as the amp running em. think of it that way.

If you dont want any more bass then put a capacitor inline if you have to use 6x9s. They will however make the sound very much from behind you, a better balance would be...

...to stick a decent set of components in the front doors and run them off a decent amp, it is the best way, and when set up correctly will sound stunning.

4" Speakers are a bit of an arse as they have low power handling and a high cut off point, meaning you get a restricted mid range...I would go for 5.25" mids as a minimum....

Scott