ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ideal PC products for first time user

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
55 Plate Civic Type R

Silver

What products would you suggest to remove swirls and for a deep shine.

Only products to use in conjuction with a portor cable

Can you supply links on where to buy this as well please :D

megs 83
megs 80
AG SRP and EGP twins
then P21s on after that

in terms of pads, sonus SFX 1,2 and 3 plus 4" spot pads and backing plates

is that what you wanted fella?

alot of people also like the menirza range now, and the poorboys SSR range, but the above is what i use :D

nice car ;)

jamie

Milltek'd 182
i have found a PC at work, want to take it home and use it. but never used one before. my boss said they can be pretty hard and burn through the paint if you dont know what you are doing?! :S
also are the pads a universal fit? or do you need one to take the PC machine?

Cheers
D
D

RB 182
Chemical Guys stuff is top stuff and is very good value for money, for use with the PC they aren't the easiest ones to use. Best thing to try would be the Poorboys SSR range I would say if you want something easy.

A well built VW
i have found a PC at work, want to take it home and use it. but never used one before. my boss said they can be pretty hard and burn through the paint if you dont know what you are doing?! :S

Cheers
D
D

You sure its not a rotary ?? PC and Rotary with care are ok PC is safer tho..

106 GTi
Poorboys SSR range is easist to master for the beginner.

The Meguiars and Menzerna ranges have a steeper learing curve but the later produces the best results.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I like Menzerna. Gives great results but as rich says it has a steeper learning curve but don't let that put you off. It seems to dust a bit?

106 GTi
Which Menz polishes do you have?

The later ones should not dust.

I have some origional formula Intensive Polish I use inside in the paint shop which I don't get dusting with, a spritz of QD is a must with it.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I don't think it was the latter ones I used on the Modus so maybe thats why. I'll try the latter ones on the 197 soon then I can comment on them.

Milltek'd 182

Cheers
D
D

You sure its not a rotary ?? PC and Rotary with care are ok PC is safer tho..

didnt know there was a difference!!! lol

106 GTi
Rotary spins, push down on it as hard as you can it will keep spinning and burn paint.

PC is random orbital, spins and occilates. Push down on it and the machines motor will bog down and slow making it harder to burn through paint. The harder to is optimum as people will tell you it is impossible to damage paint with one. This is not true though, you can still go through paint/laquer with one.