ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Identify My Clio!

Clio MK1 Sport
Hey guys. I've just come into possession of my first car, a Renault Clio! It's a bit old and boring-looking so I want to upgrade and style it a bit but since I have no idea exactly WHICH Clio it is I'm finding it hard to buy parts!!

Here's what I do know about the car:
First registered 01/1998
1.4 Petrol engine
3-door
It has the word "Sport" on the passenger-side door pillar and the letter "S" on the trim of both sides.

I believe it is a '97 MK1 Phase 3 but I can't find any parts for that, only Clios pre-96 and post-98 :dead: So, your help would be muchly appreciated in identifying exactly which car I have! Perhaps it's known by a different name that I'm unaware of?

Oh, for your viewing pleasure I give you my Clio:
19042008264.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
yes i can confirm its a maxim S

1.4 engine...
however it has rsi wheels, spoiler, and interior :)
was a special edition model they made :)

Clio MK1 Sport
Thanks guys! So I've got myself a special edition? Lol, awesome ^_~

So what should I be looking for when buying parts for this as I've never seen anything advertised as being for a "Clio Maxim". I only ever see parts for "Williams", "RN", "RT" etc. Will those parts fit anyway?

As you can see I'm a complete newbie to this. Look out for a project thread for this car, I'll start one in the next few days