ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle control valve or how to control idle

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi Guys.
Here is my dilemma. I have 172ph2 inlet. With aftermarket cable throttle body. With DTA s60 ECU. What’s the best way to control my idle?
Solution 1, get ph1 idle valve, drill hole in the inlet, job done. ?
Solution 2? ....
any ideas are welcome.

Would something like this work instead of PH1 valve? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222466221806
7748e02875866f0b30b5784dafda84f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Having had a look at the dta s series manual it looks like you'd be best using a bosch 0280 140 512 idle valve as they quote this type in the manual but others will most likely work. The clio one may work with the ecu but as its a 4-wire stepper motor type so I would personally go for the bosch one as the clio one will use up more outputs on the ecu.. Doesn't have to be mounted directly onto the manifold then either so will probably be easier to fit also as you just need to run pipe either side of the throttle body through the idle control valve.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Having had a look at the dta s series manual it looks like you'd be best using a bosch 0280 140 512 idle valve as they quite this type in the manual but others will most likely work. The clio one may work with the ecu but as its a 4-wire stepper motor type so I would personally go for the bosch one as the clio one will use up more outputs on the ecu.. Doesn't have to be mounted directly onto the manifold then either so will probably be easier to fit also as you just need to run pipe either side of the throttle body through the idle control valve.

Thank you! I am %100 swaying towards that solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk