ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle issue.....

Clio 172
So I was on my way home start stopping in traffic and noticed once I had stopped and knocked it out of gear the revs were fluctuating between 1500rpm and 2000rpm occasionally sticking at either number with my feet of the peddles. Any ideas as to what this could be??

My guess would be throttle position sensor or idle control valve....

Gordini 182!
Mine is doing that and i have been told its the idle control valve, not changed it as of yet so cant tell you if it sorted the problem or not.

Fiesta ZS/182 Cup
What car is this on?

I have an '05 182 Cup and I have had this issue a few times, it's gone away and returned like a pest! So tonight I took the throttle body off, cleaned it all out and refitted, cleaned the air inlet sensor as that was dirty and refitted. Neither of these 2 made a difference initially, then I wiggled the plug on the throttle pedal and voila, it stopped sticking at around 2,000rpm and returned to normal idle!
So give that a try and then report back :)

Clio 172
What car is this on?

I have an '05 182 Cup and I have had this issue a few times, it's gone away and returned like a pest! So tonight I took the throttle body off, cleaned it all out and refitted, cleaned the air inlet sensor as that was dirty and refitted. Neither of these 2 made a difference initially, then I wiggled the plug on the throttle pedal and voila, it stopped sticking at around 2,000rpm and returned to normal idle!
So give that a try and then report back :)

Its a 172 so il give that a try (booked in with mick on Monday so will let him have a look)