ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle jumping after cleaning TB. Help?

172 PH1
Hi guys, few days ago when i was changing the air filter and cleaning the engine bay abit, i also cleaned the throttle body, since i done that i have problem with idle jumpig about 300 rpm up and down when im in neutral but still moving, like when im breaking to stop on red light or something like that. Can you tell me what can that be?

172 PH1
By hand, with cloth, i didnt use any cleaning products. I was holding throttle with one hand and with other cleaning it. Car was not runing of course :D 1812lsd

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You may have damaged either the TPS or created a minor air leak.

172 PH1
MicKPM I dont think so, i have cleaned it on my vts and dads mk5 golf and everything was fine. But maybe something happened, i will check check every thing this weekend.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You cant compare a MkII Ph1 Clio TB to a MkV Golf as they are completely different technologies. Have you plugged it in to diagnostics and viewed the live data channel or an oscilloscope and confirmed that the TPS is ranging correctly?

172 PH1
MicKPM Yes, i know that very well i was just saying :) No, not yet but i will. Today i cleaned everything again, checked the spark plugs and all that, so will see, if it doesn't stop now, i will plug it on diagnostics.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I see it's a Ph1 really you need to take the throttle body off the car. I would think the icv might be damaged or you cleaned it and needs settings cleared via clip

Cliosport ph1 mv647
Guys i also have the same problem just not from cleaning the tb. Ivery put a new icv on mine. No use. Checked for air leaks also no use. Going to try a tps