ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

idle problems....

Clio 1.4 16v
my car has been doing this for about 6 months now... starting to bug me a bit... it doesnt happen every time but it does it about 9 times out of 10! when i turn the engine on it starts fine everytime but it goes straight down to the bottom line on the rev counter for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal! its so annoying and i wondered does anyone know why this is?! its a mk 2 1.4 16v btw!

RB 182 cup
thats strange...mine has started doing that too but maybe not as often. Then i drive off and the exhaust backfires a couple of times and then its fine...very odd.

Da

Less
Maybe the TDC sensor, could be one of a few 'bugs' though. Try a search on here for further info :)

Clio 1.4 16v (52 plate)
Mine done exactly the same thing, it turned out that the TDC sensor needed replacing and also 1 ignition coil, I called the AA out cause it wouldn't cost anything for them to have a look

Clio 1.4 16v (52 plate)
my car has been doing this for about 6 months now... starting to bug me a bit... it doesnt happen every time but it does it about 9 times out of 10! when i turn the engine on it starts fine everytime but it goes straight down to the bottom line on the rev counter for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal! its so annoying and i wondered does anyone know why this is?! its a mk 2 1.4 16v btw!

Mine did exactly this aswell.

Has anyone got a cure to the problem or known cause?

Do they have trouble starting or just idling roughly

Evo
Starts fine, then struggles for about 2 or 3 seconds, revs pick up to normal idle and after that its perfect

RB Cupped 182
i used 2 work 4 renault and had loads of the 1.4s doing this clean the throttle body and all good!