ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Vibrating Problem

Hi

I picked up my new ph2 172 on Monday and have a problem. When I am sat waiting in traffic ect (stopped) the car seems to vibrate, steering wheel and car seems to shudder a bit. It doesn't happen constantly but like every few seconds. And if I move the steering wheel when stopped it does it.

When the engine is cold it doesn't do this, only when the cars warmed up.

Have tried to do a search, so sorry if there is something on this already but couldn't find anything.

Anybody got any idea what it may be?

Ta

ph1 black 172
they idle slowly, like above check the engine mounts, but they are a lumpy idle anyway.

a remap may see it slighty better as it can increase the idle.

2016 Audi RS3
I picked up my new ph2 172 on Monday and have a problem. When I am sat waiting in traffic ect (stopped) the car seems to vibrate, steering wheel and car seems to shudder a bit. It doesn't happen constantly but like every few seconds. And if I move the steering wheel when stopped it does it. Lumpy idle is a characteristic of the car unfortunately. Engine is under more load when you move the steering wheel which would accentuate the 'lumpyness'.

When the engine is cold it doesn't do this, only when the cars warmed up.
ECU is mapped for more rpm at idle which reduces in line with an increase in coolant temperature. As the car warms up the idle reduces and you will notice the vibration.

Ok cool thanks for the info. Not my first 172, which is why I was a bit worried as my last one wasn't like that. Will check on the engine mounts.

On another note, how hard do Renault want to make it to remove the wiper arm!!!!!

ph1 black 172
mine sounds like its got cams in it very lumpy would a remap get rid of this? cheers

if you dont know it has cams then i would find out first before getting a remap. but it may help.

but have you cleaner the idle control valve and throttle butterfly???? as this can make the idle rough.