ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

idleing...

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

My 350mile old Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique idles sometimes at 1200rpm, when normally idles at around the 750 mark... Anyone else had this prob? and did Renault fix it without moaning?

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

no air con fitted to it, and does it when the engine is cold, but under the same conditions will sometimes idle higher, and sound like the revs are searching or something?

yup, the ecu will raise the idle according to the temperature its nothing to worry about

also im told the idle will sometimes "flutter a litte" due to the injection management so that is perfectly normal too

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

just confirming what everyone else is saying.. mine sits at about 1200 when its cold too.

nothing to worry about. if it does it when warm then you have a problem.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

ok cool, cheers peeps. I guess Im just used to my Williams, 1000rpm cold, 1500 rpm warm lol.