ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IE Error?

Punto/Clio GTT
every 10 mins im gettin Internet Explorer has suffered an error etc etc, then all IE boxes close. ideas?

no, use firefox instead as firefox is shite. need it fixing :\

cheers

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Adams_16v said:
you could try IE7? heard its quite good.

IE7 is fantastic

If you want people to use you as a spam proxy or you want your identity stolen.

FM-AVA-696 said:
3 replies, all as helpful as each other, cheers!

Not sure what you expected really. You didn't give any information at all that could help anyone even hazzard a guess as to the cause of your problem. You then went on to say that Firefox is shite. Firefox is not shite. IE is shite.

Sorry, that's not very constructive, but it is a fact.

Punto/Clio GTT
ok installed firefox and i got exactly the same problem as last time i installed it. found out its a conflict between windowblinds causing the entire browser to jump upo n down, like flicker.

so.. next question. what software is firefox compatable to allow me to skin desktop?

Cool, it'll probably take a while to get used to Firefox though.

I'm considering going back to it, as Opera has been causing me some minor problems in the last few days. I have also installed IE7 so I might see how that goes. I don't think it has mouse gestures though, which I find the single most useful feature of Opera. I also like how Opera opens just as you left it, with all tabs still open. Does Firefox do that? From memory I don't think it did as standard.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ you can get a plugin for that mate. there are 100's of good plugins too! :)

opera is crap tho as well imo.

when i design websites, the main 2 with problems are opera and IE. FF is spot on 95% of the time.

then when i get them perfect in IE and FF, Opera doesnt look right! arrrgh

Adams_16v said:
^^ you can get a plugin for that mate. there are 100's of good plugins too! :)

opera is crap tho as well imo.

when i design websites, the main 2 with problems are opera and IE. FF is spot on 95% of the time.

then when i get them perfect in IE and FF, Opera doesnt look right! arrrgh

Yeah there is the odd website that Opera doesn't render quite right, but it's very rare IMO. As a web designer I'm sure it's a pain in the 'arris though. The best thing about Opera, for me, is that you don't need extensions or plugins. Everything is just there 'out of the box'. The flip side of that is that it has quite a large memory footprint. I would imagine Firefox is less bloated, and grows only when you need extensions that you actually use?

I think I'll give it another shot, but the prospect of searching for a load of extensions just to get the functionality of Opera seems a bit daft.

Wow alot of FF bum boys out there.
Use Internet Explorer 6.01.2900.2190. XP sp2 GDR,
(With all the hotfix/updates you can find)

Mike said:
IE7 is fantastic

If you want people to use you as a spam proxy or you want your identity stolen.
Theres enough updates for IE to stop most common IE Exploits. including Identity stolen, Proxy, XML Remove file download.